Omegle is a free online chat and video call platform that allows you to socialize with others. By others, we mean strangers here. You can chat or video call with a stranger in just one click. You are paired randomly with another person to talk one-on-one. If you have added interests and you’ll be randomly paired with someone who selected some of the same interests, you don’t have to sign up here. Although you might have not heard of the name, you might have seen videos on Instagram or YouTube about strangers on a video call pulling off magic tricks or pranking, these videos are mostly from Omegle.
The site has been the same for a long time 一 not many features have been added and the platform is getting overcrowded in the recent past. This is where some of the other alternatives to Omegle come into play. In this guide, we have listed some of the best alternatives to the Omegle platform, which offers better features, a better interface, and much more. Let’s get started.
Like Omegle, Bazoocam also pairs you with a complete stranger for you to chat with. To get started, you just click on the “start” button. You will then be able to chat with a randomly chosen stranger. Every time you hit the “Next” button, a new stranger will appear on your screen and you will be able to start chatting together. You also get a video call option here and the cool feature here is that you get to play games like Tetris, 4 in a row and Tic-Tac-Toe. Another cool feature here is the geo-localization algorithm that pairs you with people that live close to you.
The Bazoocam can be accessed on the web (no app available).
- Chat and Video call option
- No Sign-in required
- Tetris, 4 in a row and Tic-Tac-Toe game options
- Available in multiple languages
- Connect with users in your area
- Moderated by more than 40 people to keep check guideline violations
- Option to pick with whom you want to hang out 一 All, Men, Women
ChatHub is a video chat app which allows you to talk to random strangers. All you have to do is select your gender and click on “start Video chat”. This platform also gives the option of “Couple” before joining a video call. It is a good alternative to Omegle. You can video chat with random people from all over the world. You can talk, text-chat, and communicate using a webcam. It is completely free of charge.
ChatHub case used both on web and desktop as it comes with a mobile-friendly site.
- Language Filter: You can filter partners by languages they speak such as English, Spanish, or Arabic. You can also select specific countries.
- Gender Filter: If you want to chat with only girls or boys, you can select specific gender in Gender Filter
- Mobile-friendly website
- No signup required
- No Multiple Match: With this filter, you can avoid matching with the same partners over and over.
- Separate window for chats.
- Overall a well-optimized website
You can pick the person’s gender and country to connect with on Chatrandom. This site also has an instant button to connect to girls instantly. It asks you to select your gender as well (Male, Female, LGBTQ+, Couple). You can filter your chat filter by gender and also the country as said before. You can also add your interests and find people with the same interests. However, this is an optional step.
Chatrandom is available for web as well as apps on Android and iOS platforms.
- Free to use, no sign-up required
- Connect with strangers in specific countries
- Connect with only women, men or couples
- Fast connection times
- App available on Play Store and App Store
This is another web-based Omegle alternative. It matches a new connection as soon as you click the button and you can leave the existing conversation at any time by creating a new random connection. The site has a currency system in place, which provides you with 15 coins to start with, and you’ll gain 30 more with every minute you spend in chat. You get another 8 if someone chooses you, and you’ll lose 5 every time you search for another user.
The Chatroulette can be accessed on the web (no app available).
- Easy-to-navigate design
- Simple coin system
- The longer you stay in a chat, the more coins you gain
- Image Recognition Algorithm filters out obscene content and flags rule breakers
On CamSurf, you start by selecting your gender (Male, Female, LGBTQ+, Couple) and the site does not require any sign-ups to chat with people online. However, you will lose access to certain essential features like video chat, and filtering the gender of the persons you’re matched with. CamSurf also comes with apps for Android and iOS.
CamSurf is available on Android, and iOS as apps and you can also access it on the web.
- Mobile apps
- Need to sign up for a video call
- Simple interface
- Offers a good set of features
Like most of the sites, you start by selecting your gender (male/female/other). The site calls itself an alternative to Omegle. This is built with strict moderation systems. It does not require sign-ups, but you’ll be getting pop-ups warning you that a temporary account has been detected.
The EmeraldChat site can be accessed on the web (no app available).
- The site is regularly moderated
- The site has an automated mechanism that enforces rules when users cross the line
- Every user starts with 0 karma points
- After each chat, they can award others an excellent or negative point.
- If you accumulate too many bad points, you may be restricted
This is a website to turn a stranger into a friend. The site has a large user base and you can connect with other people. MeetMe is primarily used to meet new people and make new friends. You also get a Facebook sign-up option to make the process both easier. You can also download the MeetMe app on Android and iOS.
MeetMe is available on Android and iOS apps and you can also access it on the web.
- You can meet people with the same interests, likes and dislikes
- MeetMe has over 100 million people
- Android and iOS apps are available
- You need to sign-up and enter your pin code
This is yet another free random chat app that initiates the chat by asking your gender (Male, Female, LGBTQ+, Couple). You can also select gender and location preference to filter out with whom you want to hang out. To remove ads on the site, However, you can still chat without signup.
Shagle can access be accessed on the web.
- Shagle has over 100,000 daily users
- Start video chatting instantly
- Gender and Location filter
- Virtual Gifts
TinyChat platform comes with 12 video feeds per chat room. It is free to use with optional sign-up methods. You don’t need to pay to use this chat platform, and people you know can join your room. You can also create topics to start your talk. It also comes with premade groups based upon different interests and topics which you can hop into to join the conversation.
The TinyChat website can be accessed on the web (no app available).
- A good amount of chat rooms to choose from
- You can start your own and watch a live video chat of the Tiny Chat show
- Free to get started
- Requires signup in order to join the majority of the groups
- It also comes with GOLD, EXTREME, and PRO memberships
As you can guess by the name, YouNow is similar to YouTube. On this platform, you can broadcast live streaming videos to hundreds of viewers at a time. This website aims at building a fan base and a community that you can later connect with on social media platforms. You will have to sign up first. When you go live, the website sends a notification to your subscribers to gain the initial viewership, similar to Instagram live.
The YouNow website can be accessed on the web (no app available).
- Requires signup before using any feature
- Good platform to showcase talent and live stream among strangers
- You can create a community
- Live stream option
These were some of the best alternatives to Omegle. Make sure you follow all the rules and it is also worth noting that most of these websites should be accessed by people of age 13+ or 18+ in most cases.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page