Vodafone Idea merger has created one of the largest telecom operators in India. Vi (or Vodafone Idea) holds more than 25 per cent of the market share in the telecom sector. With this, there is an ever-growing list of Vodafone Idea subscribers in India with prepaid connections being the show’s star. But owing a prepaid connection also means keeping a tap on the call and data balance.
What if we tell you that there are some simple steps through which you can check the balance of your prepaid account along with some great offers, the validity of the plans, and more? One can use different methods like USSD codes or even download the app to keep a track on your Vodafone Idea prepaid number. So, in order to make things easier for you, we have compiled a step-by-step guide to check the balance on your Vodafone Idea number.
How to Check Vodafone Idea (Vi) Main Balance (Balance Enquiry)
Vodafone Idea provides two different methods through which you can check your main balance with ease. You can either go with USSD codes or use the Vi application to know each and every detail of your prepaid number. Let’s take a closer look.
Using USSD Code
To start with the USSD Code, the Vodafone Idea offers a host of shortcuts and USSD codes through which you can instantly check your balance.
- *199*2*1# – This USSD code can be used to check the main balance for your Vodafone Idea number. The code also gives you full information about all balances and validity of your number.
- *121# – You can also use this code to check for the main balance by using this code.
Also Read: Vi Unlimited Free 4G Data Offer Night from 12AM to 6AM: List of Recharge Plans, How to Avail
Using Vi App
You can also instantly check your balance and validity by using the Vi application. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Open the Google Play Store app and search for Vi app.
- Click on Download app and install it on your smartphone.
- Open the application and log in by entering your Vodafone Idea number. You will then get an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter it to log in.
- The main balance and validity of your number will be displayed on the app’s home screen.
Also Read: Vi APN Settings for High Speed 4G Internet: How to Set Vodafone Idea Access Point on Your Smartphone for Internet Access
How to Check Vodafone Idea (Vi) Plan Validity and SMS Balance
Vodafone Idea (Vi) also gives you precise information about your Vi prepaid plan validity and remaining SMS balance. Although there is no dedicated USSD code to check the validity of your prepaid plan and SMS balance, there is a workaround. To start with plan validity details, all you need to do is make a call to someone. Once the call is disconnected, you will get an SMS or a flash message that will show you the main balance along with the validity of the pack. Similarly, for SMS, all you need to do is send a message to someone. Once that is done, you will get an SMS or flash message from the operator that will show you the remaining SMS balance along with the validity for the same.
How to Check Vodafone Idea (Vi) 4G Data Balance
You can also check your Vodafone Idea 4G data balance through USSD codes or through the Vi application. The process is fairly simple and you can get the precise results by following some simple steps.
Using USSD Code
- *199*2*2# – You can use this USSD code to know about the 4G data balance of your Vodafone Idea number.
Users can simply open the Vi application on their smartphone and click on the main balance banner in the home screen. This will show you the remaining call and data balance. The Vi application is the easiest way to keep a track of your Vodafone Idea data balance if you are using a Vi prepaid connection on a smartphone.
Also Read: Vodafone Idea Fancy Numbers: How to Choose Vi Fancy Mobile Number Online
How to Check Vodafone Idea (Vi) Recharge Offers
Vodafone Idea offers a host of interesting offers on its recharge plans. The company offers double data benefit under which you will extra data. Then there are some app-exclusive offers that one can avail to enjoy extra benefits. The company offers extra data benefits on plans like Rs 149, Rs 219, Rs 249, Rs 399, Rs 549, and more. You can go to the Vi application and click on recharge offers to know the details.
Interestingly, one can also use USSD codes to know the latest recharge offers from their Vodafone Idea number:
- Customers can simply dial *199*1*3# to know the 4G data offers.
- One can dial *199*1*7# for latest recharge offers.
- Customers can also use *199*1*8# USSD code to know the voice, SMS, and roaming offers.
How to Check Vi Balance through WhatsApp
Vodafone Idea also allows you to check the balance of your Vi prepaid mobile number on WhatsApp. In order to check Vi balance using WhatsApp, be sure to follow these steps:
- Add the number 9654297000 to your contacts and then open WhatsApp.
- Search for the number and click on the chat. Send Hello or Hi.
- You will see an automated message. Select the option to see the Balance.
- You will be asked to confirm the number, which you want to know the information.
- Once done, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP.
With this, you will be able to check the balance, data pack details, validity of the plan, weekend data rollover details, and more.
How to Check Vi Balance Online using Vi Website
Vodafone Idea prepaid customers can also check their remaining balance through Vi website. Here’s how you can check it:
- Go to www.myvi.in website and click on Sign In option at the top-rigth corner.
- Enter your Vi mobile number and log in via the OTP.
- Once done, you will see your account on the website. Here you can check the pack details, amount of data left, validity, and more.
- Click on the pack details to see the main balance of the Vi number.
How to Check Vi Balance Through IVR
One can also check for data balance and validity of the pack by using the IVR facility from the telecom operator. One can simply dial 199 and select the preferred language by dialling the corresponding number. Once done, you can follow the instructions to get to know the main balance of your Vi mobile number.
List of All Vodafone Idea (Vi) USSD Codes
|1||*199*2*1#||Check Main Balance|
|2||*199*2*2#||Check Internet Balance|
|3||*199*1*3#||4G/3G/2G Internet Offers|
|6||*199*1*8#||Voice, SMS, Roaming Offers|
|7||*199*3*1#||Activate Vodafone VAS Service|
|8||*199*3*2#||Deactivate Vodafone VAS Service|
|10||*199*2*3#||Last 3 Calls & SMS Details|
|11||*199*2*4#||Last 3 VAS Deduction|
|12||*199*3*5#||Emergency Talktime Credit Loan|
|13||*199*3*3#||Activate or Change Caller Tune|
|14||*199*5*2#||Unlimited Recharge Pack Offers|
|15||*199*5*3#||Combo Recharge Offers|
|16||*199*5*4#||Data Recharge Offers|
|17||*199*5*5#||International Roaming Recharge Offers|
|18||*199*5*6#||SMS Recharge Offers|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to check the Weekend data rollover balance in Vodafone Idea?
Customers can check the Weekend data rollover balance in the Active packs and Services section of the Vi application.
What happens to unused data in Vodafone Idea?
The company says that the weekend rollover fixed data will be available for users only between Saturdays starting 12 midnight to 23:59Hrs on Sundays. The unused data from the rollover and daily data will lapse pos this time frame.
How do I check my Vi net balance?
You can dial *199*2*2# in order to check the remaining internet balance of your Vodafone Idea (Vi) prepaid number.
How to get additional emergency data if my data pack is over?
Interestingly, Vodafone Idea offers something called Data Delights. These are basically additional data that it offers with its select prepaid plans. So, once your data is exhausted, you can simply go to Vi application and claim the 1GB of mobile data for free. One can claim up to 2GB of free data every month with Data Delights recharge plans.