- Xiaomi will debut the Pad 7 series in 2024.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC will power the Pad 7 Pro.
- The Pad 7 Pro is tipped to feature a smaller display in comparison.
Xiaomi’s President recently confirmed that the company is aiming to launch many products with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC. Lu Weibing shared that Xiaomi is looking to replace the Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 chipset with the 2022 Snapdragon 8 gen 2 SoC. Digital Chat Station shared in a post on Weibo that Xiaomi has many devices, including the Xiaomi Pad 7 Pro, in the pipeline with the 2022 flagship chipset.
Xiaomi is also tipped to equip the vanilla Redmi K70 smartphone with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC. The Redmi K70 series smartphones are confirmed to debut on November 29 in China. Xiaomi will debut the vanilla K70 smartphone under the Poco F6 Pro moniker in the Indian and international markets. Digital Chat Station previously tipped the chipset and display specifications of the Xiaomi Pad 7 Pro. A report from GSMChina reveals the features of the upcoming Pad 7 Pro tablet.
The upcoming Pad 7 Pro tablet will debut as a successor to the Xiaomi Pad 6 series tablets. Xiaomi debuted the Xiaomi Pad 6 Max along with the Redmi K60 Ultra smartphone in August 2023. GSMChina has spotted the forthcoming tablet in Mi Code, which confirms the launch of the tablets. The report suggests that Xiaomi will launch the tablet along with the Xiaomi 14 Ultra smartphone in Q1 end or Q2 of 2024.
The Mi code reveals that the upcoming Xiaomi Pad 7 Pro will bear the codename sheng. Xiaomi uses names of musical instruments for its tablets and Pad 7 Pro is no exception in this case. The device has the model number N81A, which is expected to appear on multiple certification websites in the upcoming weeks. The 3C, MIIT, and TENAA certifications will give a complete overview of the tablet ahead of its debut.
The report reveals that Xiaomi will equip the tablet with a 10-inch LCD panel with a resolution of 1480 x 2367 pixels. The display will have a refresh rate of 144Hz, similar to its predecessor. However, the Xiaomi Pad 6 Pro sports an 11-inch LCD panel, which is more prominent in comparison. Tianma will manufacture the upcoming 10-inch LCD panel. The tablet is tipped to equip quad stereo speakers with support from Dolby.
Xiaomi will equip the tablet with dual rear cameras, which will comprise a wide and depth camera. The selfie camera is likely to be placed horizontally on the display of the tablet. The tablet will ship with Hyper OS based on Android 14 out of the box. The tablet will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC, as per leaks. Let’s recall the specifications of the Xiaomi Pad 6 Pro tablet.
Xiaomi Pad 6 Pro Specifications
- Display: 11-inch LCD display, 2880 × 1800 pixel resolution, 144Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC with Adreno 730 GPU
- Memory: 8GB/ 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB/ 256GB/ 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: MIUI 14, based on Android 13
- Cameras: 50MP primary shooter and 2MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 20MP selfie camera
- Battery and Charging: 8600mAh battery, 67W fast charging, and USB Type-C port
- Audio: Quad speaker setup with Dolby Atmos audio