- The Pixel 8 series will be announced by Google on October 4.
- The company also might unevil the Pixel Watch 2 at the same event.
- The Pixel 8 series is supposed to feature a Tensor G3 chipset.
Google has officially announced the Pixel Watch 2 and the Pixel 8 series launch date. As per the invites sent by the company, the Google Pixel 8 and the Pixel 8 Pro will launch on October 4. At the same event, the search-engine giant is also expected to introduce the Pixel Watch 2. The launch date announcement by Google comes right after it accidentally revealed the Pixel 8 Pro design and colour option on its Google Store website.
Google Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro, Pixel Watch 2 Launch Date Announced
Speaking about the key specifications, the upcoming Pixel 8 and the Pixel 8 Pro are supposed to come with Tensor G3 SoC. Furthermore, these devices are also rumoured to feature Titan security chip inside. The Pixel 8 is supposed to feature a 6.2-inch display, whereas the Pixel 8 Pro might boast a 6.71-inch OLED display with QHD+ resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate.
Pixel event invites also just went out. We are descending into the most fun time of the year pic.twitter.com/RZfpm4u6OZ
— Marques Brownlee (@MKBHD) August 30, 2023
As per the leaked renders, the Pixel 8 will feature a dual-camera setup. The smartphone is rumoured to sport a 50MP main camera and a 12MP ultra-wide lens. The device is supposed to measure 150.5 x 70.8 x 8.9mm in terms of dimensions. A 4,485 mAh battery is likely to be equipped with the device which could have 24W wired and 12W wireless charging support.
On the other hand, the Pixel 8 Pro is expected to feature a triple-camera setup. The camera module might include a 50MP primary camera which could have an optical image stabilisation support. The 50MP sensor could be joined by a 64MP ultra-wide camera sensor and a 48MP telephoto camera.
On the front side, the handset is rumoured to feature an 11MP selfie camera (Samsung JN1 sensor). The device is tipped to pack a 4950mAh battery which could support 27W wired fast charging. The previously leaked video also disclosed that the handset will have a temperature sensor on the back.
As mentioned above, Google also might introduce the Pixel Watch successor, the Pixel Watch 2 at its October event. The Pixel Watch 2 is expected to have a circular dial and two physical buttons on the side, similar to the first-generation Pixel Watch. Furthermore, the Watch 2 is expected to come with a Snapdragon W5 chipset and 2GB of RAM. The previous leak also revealed that the Pixel Watch 2 will have a 383×384 pixel resolution. The smartwatch is tipped to feature four new watch faces Accessible, Arc, Analog Bold, and Bold Digital.
Google Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro Specifications (Expected)
- Display: 6.17-inch display, Full HD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate (Pixel 8), 6.71-inch OLED display, QHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate (Pixel 8 Pro).
- Processor: Google’s Tensor G3 chipset.
- RAM And Storage: 12GB RAM, 128GB/256GB internal storage.
- Software: Android 14.
- Rear-facing camera: 50MP main camera, 12MP ultra-wide lens (Pixel 8), 50MP primary camera, OIS, 64MP ultra-wide lens, 48MP telephoto camera (Pixel 8 Pro).
- Front-facing camera: 11MP.
- Battery: 4,485mAh, 24W wired and 12W wireless charging support, 4,950mAh battery, 27W wired fast charging support, 12W wireless charging support (Pixel 8 Pro).
- Colours: Licorice, Porcelain, and Sky (Pixel 8 Pro).