- Leaked renders of the upcoming iQOO 12 have surfaced online.
- Renders suggest that the iQOO 12 will feature a triple rear camera setup, as mentioned in earlier reports.
- The iQOO 12 could skip 200W fast charging this time and instead feature a larger capacity battery.
iQOO has been gearing up to launch its latest flagship iQOO 12 Series. The device is expected to be the first smartphone in India to feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset. Recently, the device was spotted in a leaked hands-on image, which showcased a huge camera module at the back.
Renders of the iQOO 12 have now been leaked online, which gives us a better idea of the design of the phone. A new report also suggests that the iQOO 12 Series could skip its much-anticipated 200W fast charging, in favour of a larger battery.
iQOO 12 Renders Have Allegedly Leaked Online
Renders show that the iQOO 12 will feature a squircle-shaped camera module at the back, with three cameras. The module is also carrying a VCS+ branding, hinting at a possible partnership. The design also matches with the leaked hands-on images of the iQOO, as spotted last week.
The leaked renders show that the iQOO 12 will be available in two colours, white and black. Previously, Digital Chat Station had tipped that the iQOO 12 will feature three colour options, the first two options will have a glass back panel in white and black, and the third variant will offer a red vegan leather finish.
Furthermore, the front camera placement is clearly visible in the renders, indicating that the device will feature a hole-punch display. The iQOO 12 is expected to feature an E7 AMOLED panel, with a 144Hz refresh rate.
DCS had previously leaked the camera specifications of the iQOO 12. The device is expected to feature a 50MP primary camera with OIS, a 50MP ultra-wide lens, along with a 64MP telephoto camera capable of 3X optical zoom.
Tipster Mukul Sharma (Stufflistings) had tipped the launch timeline of the iQOO 12 in India. The report mentioned that the iQOO 12 is expected to be the first device in India to feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset. Hence, the SoC on the iQOO 12 is most likely confirmed as well. As per Mukul, the device is expected to launch in India by November end, or early December.
iQOO 12 Could Skip 200W Fast Charging in Favour of Larger Battery
Earlier this year, DCS tipped that the iQOO 12 Series will feature 200W wired fast charging. However, it looks like iQOO is shifting its priority to a larger battery capacity, and toning down the charging speeds.
The latest report from DCS suggests that the iQOO 12 Series will feature a larger 6000mAh battery with 100-120W fast charging. The battery capacity has reportedly increased by 800mAh, after removing 200W charging.
iQOO 12 Specifications (Expected)
- Display: 6.7-inch E7 AMOLED panel, 1.5K resolution, 144Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3, Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM And Storage: 12GB/16GB/24GB RAM, 256GB/512GB/1TB storage
- Rear camera: 50MP primary camera with OIS, 50MP ultra-wide lens, 64MP telephoto camera with 3X optical zoom
- Front camera: 32MP
- Battery: 6000mAh, 120W wired fast charging
- Other Features: In-display fingerprint sensor, IP68 rating
- Colours: White Glass, Black Glass, and Red Vegan Leather