JioFi WiFi dongle is probably one of the most popular portable broadband devices in the market. The dongles come with a host of interesting features and use a Jio SIM to share a 4G hotspot. This further allows users to connect multiple devices using the hotspot for easy access to internet connectivity. However, there are times when you have overshared your JioFi dongle password and you don’t get enough bandwidth to do the necessary work on your device. This is the time you want to change the password of your JioFi dongle. But do you change the password of your Jio dongle? In this article, we are going to show you not one but two different ways through which you can easily change the password of your JioFi device without breaking a sweat. Let’s take a closer look at it.
What is JioFi Dongle?
For those who are not aware, the Reliance JioFi dongle is a portable broadband device that allows users to access the internet on the go. With this device, multiple devices can be connected to access high-speed internet. As per the company, one can more than 10 devices and one device using a USB connection. One can get up to 150Mbps of download speeds and up to 50Mbps of upload speeds using the JioFi dongle.
How to Change JioFi Hotspot Dongle Password Through Website
There are two different ways through which you can change the password of your JioFi dongle device. The first one is by using the website. For this, you need to follow these steps:
- Connect your JioFi dongle to your laptop or smartphone.
- Once done, open the browser on your connected device and then enter this url: http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.225.1. This will open the page where you can manage the JioFi settings.
- Login to the page by entering the username and password. Enter administrator as username and enter the password as administrator. Tap to login.
- To change the WiFi password, click on Network > Wi-Fi Configuration > Secure key.
- Enter the new password and click on the Apply button.
How to Change JioFi WiFi Device Password Through MyJio App
You can also change the password of your JioFi WiFi device using the MyJio application. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Go to Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download the MyJio application.
- Log in to the application using your Jio ID or by using SIM sign-up.
- Now, power on your JioFi dongle and connect it to your smartphone.
- Open the MyJio application and navigate to the My Device section, which is present at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the setting icon present at the top-right corner and select the ‘Change Password’ option given below the SSID. In case you don’t know the SSID of the JioFi dongle, the information is available under the battery inside the router.
- Once done, enter the new password and tap on ‘Submit’ to change the password of your JioFi dongle.