Nowadays people use numerous devices daily and most of the gadgets come with compatibility with other devices which allow users to connect them and make their lives easy. Unfortunately, not all the devices are the same and you need to make some extra efforts to make them compatible with others. Mirroring Android or iOS devices to a laptop or computer screen should be an obvious feature but that not the case. But there are alternative ways that can be used to achieve this. Just in case if you’re worried about the entire process then don’t worry as we get you the best possible ways to mirror your Android and iOS devices on your laptop.
What is Screen Casting?
Screen casting is a feature that will allow users to cast their Android or iOS devices on TV or laptop screens. This will allow users to exactly mirror the smartphone screen on the biggest display to enjoy your content exactly as you see it on your handset.
How to Cast Your Android Mobile Screen to a Laptop
Microsoft introduced a new Connect app on Windows 10th Anniversary, this app allows users to cast their Android smartphones on Windows 10 laptop or PC screen without any difficulty or third party application. To cast your Android smartphone’s screen on your laptop you need to follow the given below steps.
- First head to the Setting option on the Windows PC or Laptop.
- Then select System from the options.
- Scroll down and select “Projecting to this PC”.
- Now you can see three options.
- Change the first option to “Available Everywhere”.
- Select “First Time Only” in the second option.
- Leave the last option if you don’t want to put any privacy pins.
- Do note that your laptop and your smartphone should be on the same Wi-Fi network otherwise you won’t be able to cast your screen on your laptop.
- Now, take your phone and pull down the notification bar.
- Head to the Screen Cast and enable it.
- You can see a pop-up search for the new device.
- It might take some time but it will find the laptop.
- You need to select the laptop and give permission to cast your phone.
- Once it’s done you are good to go.
How to Cast your iOS Mobile Screen to a Laptop
Apple is known for its super-secure iOS operating system and ecosystem which is next to breach. Here we have listed the best way to cast your iOS mobile screen to a laptop in a few simple steps. All you need to do is to follow the given below steps.
- First, make sure that your iPhone and your Laptop is on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now you need to download an app called AirServer by clicking here.
- Once it’s installed, open the application on your laptop.
- Click on Try and you will get 31 days of a free trial.
- Now you have to get your iPhone and pull down the notification bar.
- Tap on Screen Mirroring.
- You can find the laptop device or the model number.
- Click on it and you’re all set to go.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I mirror my phone to my laptop via Bluetooth?
Yes, you can easily mirror your smartphone to your laptop using the Bluetooth connection. However, it is important to note that the feature will only work on Android smartphones. If you are using iPhone, then you won’t be able to mirror your phone via Bluetooth.
Can I mirror my phone to my laptop without Wi-Fi?
One can also mirror his/her phone without using a Wi-Fi connection. One can simply download apps like AirDroid Cast, and more to mirror the phone using a USB connection.
How does the screen mirroring work?
Screen mirroring is basically a process through which you can replicate a phone, laptop, or computer screen on a different screen. It could be a laptop, TV, or anything any larger device. The screen mirroring allows users to create an exact copy of the mobile screen on a bigger screen.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page