- Nothing Phone (2) gets an improved design and a new Glyph interface.
- The Nothing flagship smartphone packs a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC and a bigger battery.
- The Phone (2) also features a new primary camera sensor.
Nothing Phone (2) has been launched in India and other markets. The second Nothing smartphone launches as a successor to the Phone (1) with upgraded specifications and an improved design. The Phone (2) continues to sport a semi-transparent design on the back. Also, there is the new Glyph interface, which lets users create their own sequences via the Glyph Composer. Nothing has gone the flagship-space route with its latest smartphone and launched the device with a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC under the hood.
The Phone (2) also sports bigger display and battery. All these upgrades have led to the Phone (2) being priced higher than the model it replaces. Let’s take a look at the Nothing Phone (2) price in India, specifications, features and other details.
Nothing Phone (2): Price in India and Sale Date
The Nothing Phone (2), with its premium hardware and design, has been launched in India with three storage options. The base model offers 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. It is priced at Rs 44,999. There is also a 12GB RAM variant with 256GB storage, which is priced at Rs 49,999. Those who want even more storage can check the 12GB + 512GB variant, which is priced at Rs 54,999. It continues to be available in two colours — White and Grey.
Pre-orders begin today. The Nothing Phone (2) sale beings on July 21 via Flipkart. As part of the launch offers, customers with an Axis Bank card can get a discount of up to Rs 3,000 on the purchase of the Phone (2).
Nothing Phone (2): Specifications and Features
In terms of design, the Phone (2) claims to offer a premium feel with its curved pillowed glass back and a thinner midframe made of 100% recycled aluminium. The Glyph lights on the back have been redesigned to offer better functionality while looking slightly different compared to the predecessor. As mentioned above, users, with the help of Glyph Composer, can tap each pad to trigger a different light and sound combination and record them to create their own sequence.
Also, Glyph Interface can be integrated with third-party apps for various use cases, such as tracking your ride’s location or delivery services.
Nothing’s new smartphone boots the latest Nothing OS 2.0, which claims to offer multiple personalisation and customisation options, including adjusting app labels, grid design, widget size and themes.
The camera has also received some upgrades. Phone (2) continues to feature a dual-camera setup on the back. However, there is a new primary camera sensor, which is also found in the OPPO Reno 10 Pro, Reno 10 Pro+ 5G and the OnePlus 11 5G. There is also support for up to 4K 60fps video recording and a new Action Mode that relies on the in-built electronic image stabilisation (EIS) and optical image stabilisation (OIS). The front camera continues to shoot at up to 1080p 60fps.
Nothing also claims that the 4700mAh battery can be charged from 0-100 per cent in 55 minutes using a 45W PPS charging adapter.
Here’s a quick look at the technical specifications of the Phone (2):
- Display: 6.7-inch LTPO OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and Full HD+ resolution (2412 x 1080 pixels). The 10-bit panel offers HDR10+ support and a claimed peak brightness of 1600 nits. There is a layer of Corning’s Gorilla Glass for protection against scratches and drops.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC with Adreno 730 GPU.
- RAM/ Storage: Up to 12GB of RAM and 512GB of storage.
- Rear camera: 50MP Sony IMX890 primary camera with an f/1.88 aperture and support for optical image stabilisation, 50MP Samsung JN1 ultra-wide camera with an f/2.2 aperture and a 114-degree field of view.
- Front camera: 32MP Sony IMX615 sensor with an f/2.45 aperture.
- Battery and fast charging: 4700mAh battery with 45W wired charging, 15W Qi wireless charging and 5W reverse wireless charging support. No charger provided in the box.
- Software: Nothing OS 2.0 based on Android 13. Promised to get three major Android updates and four years of security patches every two months.
- Other specifications: Glyph Interface, in-display fingerprint scanner, IP54 rating, support for Bluetooth 5.3, Wi-Fi 6, dual speakers, etc.