- OnePlus 12 display panel is DisplayMate A+ certified
- The OnePlus 12 will feature a curved AMOLED display with a centered punch-hole notch
- The Ace 3 will offer a curved AMOLED display with a 1.5K resolution
OnePlus, last week, unveiled its first foldable – the OnePlus Open in India and other global markets. Today, the brand, in collaboration with BOE, has showcased its new display technology – X1 OLED displays in its domestic market. OnePlus also announced that it will use the BOE X1 OLED display panels on the upcoming OnePlus 12 and OnePlus Ace 3 (likely OnePlus 12R for global markets).
OnePlus also announced that its upcoming flagship – the OnePlus 12 has already obtained A+ certification from DisplayMate. This is the first 2K resolution display to obtain a DisplayMate A+ rating. OnePlus says that the X1 display panels offer 6 major breakthroughs and 9 world firsts in terms of brightness, eye protection, and lifespan. Let us take a closer look at the details.
The X1 display is equipped with Oppo’s P1 display chip and a high-precision pixel calibration algorithm. Both these will ensure higher brightness, better image quality, and lower power consumption. The X1 display isn’t only the first 2K resolution display with DisplayMate A+ rating, it also happens to refresh 18 DisplayMate A+ records.
OnePlus reveals that the Oriental screens mark the introduction of multi-channel load reduction technology. The brand has also developed and deployed a sunlight highlight algorithm for the oriental screens. These changes let the oriental screen achieve 90% performance improvement and 13% power reduction. This also lets the brand achieve 2600 nits peak brightness, the highest across 2K resolution display panels.
OnePlus is also claiming that Oriental screens will last twice compared to the industry average. The company says that it could achieve these numbers by introducing several industry-first processes and technology developed jointly with BOE.
The brand also revealed that its upcoming OnePlus Ace 3 will come equipped with a 1.5K X1 display panel. It will share more details about the handset’s display soon. The company also showcased the OnePlus 12 prototypes which seem to have an alert slider along the left edge. This could be a first for a OnePlus device since all OnePlus phones to date accommodated an alert slider along the right edge.
OnePlus 12 camera specs
Sony IMX966 (1/1.4")
OIS, f/1.7, 84° (FoV), 23mm
– Ultra wide
Sony IMX581 (1/2")
f/2.2, 114° (FoV), 14mm
OmniVision OV64B (1/2")
3X optical (70mm) /6X (in-sensor)
upto 120X digital zoom
OIS, f/2.5, 33° (FoV)
Solid upgrade overall
— Yogesh Brar (@heyitsyogesh) October 23, 2023
OnePlus 12: Expected Specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch BOE X1 OLED display with 2K resolution, 2600 nits brightness, and 120Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3
- Camera: Triple-camera setup
- 50MP Sony IMX966 sensor with 1/1.4-inch sensor size, OIS, 84° field of view, 23mm focal length, and an f/1.7 aperture
- 50MP Sony IMX581 sensor with ultra-wide-angle functionality, 1/2-inch sensor size, 114° field of view, 14mm focal length, and f/2.2 aperture,
- 64MP OmniVision OV64B sensor with telephoto functionality, 1/2-inch sensor size, 70mm focal length, OIS, 33° field of view, 3x optical zoom, 120X digital zoom, and f/2.5 aperture
- Battery: 5000mAh
- Charging: 100W fast charging and 50W Wireless charging