- The OPPO A79 5G features a 90Hz display.
- The device sports an 8MP front-facing camera which has an f/2.0 aperture.
- It packs a 5,000mAh battery which supports 33W fast charging.
The OPPO A79 5G has been launched in India today as OPPO’s latest A-series 5G smartphone. The newly-launched device comes with a 6.72-inch LCD display that has a full HD+ resolution and a 90Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, it is powered by an octa-core chipset which is coupled with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. The smartphone features a dual-camera setup and a fingerprint sensor for the security purpose. It also has 33W fast charging, an IP54 rating, and 5G connectivity support.
OPPO A79 5G Price in India, Availability, Features
The OPPO A79 5G comes in Glowing Green and Mystery Black colour options. The device is priced at Rs 19,999 in India. The handset is available for pre-orders via the OPPO India website. It will go on sale in India tomorrow i.e. October 28 via OPPO India website, Flipkart, Amazon, and other retail outlets.
The dual-SIM OPPO A79 5G is powered by MediaTek’s octa-core Dimensity 6020 SoC. The handset packs up 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. The smartphone also has a microSD card slot support for storage expansion up to 1TB. It runs Android 13 out of the box with ColorOS 13.1 skin on top. The A79 5G features a 6.72-inch LCD display that has a 1080p resolution. The display panel offers up to 90Hz refresh rate, 680 nits brightness, 391 PPI pixel density, and a punch-hole cutout.
The device comes with a dual-camera setup at the back which consists of a 50MP primary sensor and a 2MP portrait lens. The primary 50MP camera has an f/1.8 aperture and 77-degree FOV, while the 2MP sensor has an f/2.4 aperture.
For selfies and video-calling purposes, the OPPO A79 5G relies on an 8MP camera which has an f/2.0 aperture. The smartphone packs a 5,000mAh battery which supports 33W fast charging.
OPPO A79 5G Specifications
- Display: 6.72-inch display, Full HD+ 2400×1080 resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, 391 PPI pixel density, 680 nits brightness, punch-hole cutout, 91.4% screen-to-body ratio, Panda Glass protection.
- Processor: Octa-core Dimensity 6020 SoC with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU.
- RAM And Storage: 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB of UFS2.2 internal storage, microSD card slot.
- Rear-facing camera: 50MP primary camera, (Samsung ISOCELL JN1), f/1.8 aperture, 77-degree FOV, 2MP depth sensor (Omnivision OV02B1), f/2.4 aperture.
- Front-facing camera: 8MP, f/2.0 aperture.
- Connectivity: dual-SIM card slot, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, 5G (n1/n3/n28B/n40/n41/n77/n78), GPS, Beidou, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, 3.5mm audio jack, USB Type-C port, Bluetooth v5.3.
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 33W SUPERVOOC charging.
- Other Features: Fingerprint sensor, face unlock support, IP54 rating.