- The OPPO A79 5G is tipped to feature a 6.72-inch Full HD+ display and a 50MP dual-camera setup
- The device will pack up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage as per a new leak
- The smartphone will pack a 5,000mAh battery which will offer 33W fast charging support
OPPO is gearing up for the launch of a new A-series 5G smartphone dubbed the OPPO A79 5G. This upcoming A-series smartphone received TUV Rheinland, IMDA, NBTC, and FCC certifications last month. The FCC listing revealed the dimensions of the smartphone. The device was also spotted on the TDRA certification website. Now, in a recent development, the folks at Appuals have revealed the specifications, marketing material, and renders of the OPPO A79 5G.
OPPO A79 5G To Feature 90Hz Display, 50MP Dual-Camera Setup
The leak reveals that the upcoming OPPO A79 5G will feature a 6.72-inch display. The display panel will have a punch-hole cutout, 90Hz refresh rate, a Full HD+ resolution, 680 nits peak brightness, 91.4% screen-to-body ratio, and a 1400:1 contrast ratio. Under the hood, the device will be powered by MediaTek’s octa-core Dimensity 6020 SoC. The smartphone will reportedly feature 8GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot for storage expansion as well as Virtual RAM support.
On the software front, the phone will boot Android 13-based ColorOS 13.2 out of the box. The rear of the smartphone will consist of a dual-camera setup. The camera module will incorporate a 50MP primary camera which will have an f/1.8 aperture and a 77° field of view. The primary 50MP camera will be paired with a 2MP portrait camera which will have an f/2.4 aperture and an 89° field of view.
The other key features that the A79 5G will offer include an 8MP front-facing camera, dual-stereo speaker, a 5,000mAh battery, and 33W SUPERVOOC charging support. The device will measure 7.99mm in thickness and weigh 193 grams. The smartphone will be available in Glowing Green and Mystery Black once it launches in India.
OPPO A79 5G Specifications
- Display: 6.72-inch display, Full HD+ resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, Punch-hole cutout, 680 nits peak brightness, 91.4% screen-to-body ratio, 1400:1 contrast ratio.
- Processor: Octa-core Dimensity 6020 SoC with Mali-G57 MP2 GPU.
- RAM And Storage: 8GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, microSD card slot for storage expansion up to 1TB.
- Software: Android 13 With ColorOS 13.2.
- Rear-facing camera: 50MP primary camera, Samsung JN1 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 77° field of view, 2MP depth sensor, OmniVision OVO2B1B sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 89° field of view.
- Front-facing camera: 8MP, OmniVision OVO8D sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 80° field of view.
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 33W fast charging.
- Dimensions And Weight: 165.61×76.02×7.99mm; 193 grams.
- Colours: Glowing Green and Mystery Black