- POCO M6 Pro 5G will be available via Flipkart.
- The phone might be a rebadged Redmi 12 5G.
- It has been spotted on Geekbench with a Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 SoC.
POCO has confirmed the launch of a new M-series smartphone. The company will launch the M6 Pro 5G as its new budget smartphone in India. POCO has been teasing the launch of the upcoming budget 5G smartphone for a while and now it has revealed the launch date of the device. The POCO M6 Pro 5G India launch event will be held on August 5. Ahead of the launch, POCO has revealed some key details about the phone.
The new M6 Pro 5G will sport a flat frame design. POCO has also confirmed that the phone will be available for purchase in India via Flipkart. In addition to the above details, the M6 Pro 5G has also been spotted on Geekbench, which reveals some of the hardware details. Let’s take a look at the POCO M6 Pro 5G specifications, features and other details known so far.
POCO M6 Pro 5G India Launch: What You Need to Know
The POCO M6 Pro 5G will likely be priced under Rs 15,000 in India. It is confirmed to launch in India on August 5. Ahead of the launch, the company revealed the rear panel design of the M6 Pro 5G. The phone has a flat frame design with curved corners. We can see the M6 Pro 5G in its shade of green. The top portion of the rear panel, which has the camera sensors and the LED flash, has a black paint job. The image also reveals that the phone’s power and volume buttons are on the right edge. On the left edge is the SIM tray.
POCO’s upcoming budget 5G phone will feature a dual-camera setup. The company has not revealed any details about the same. As mentioned above, the M6 Pro 5G will be available for purchase via Flipkart.
Ahead of its India launch, the M6 Pro 5G was spotted on the Geekbench website by 91Mobiles. The listing revealed that the phone has the model number 23076PC4BI and is drawing power from a Qualcomm SoC with a peak clock speed of 2.2GHz. The SoC has an Adreno 613 GPU as well. This suggests that the M6 Pro 5G will draw power from a Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 SoC, which is also found in the new Redmi 12 5G.
The M6 Pro 5G Geekbench listing also confirmed that the phone will launch with 6GB of RAM and run Android 13 out of the box. We can expect the phone to have a layer of MIUI 14 on top. In addition to these details, the listing revealed that the M6 Pro scored 922 and 2,110 points in Geekbench 6’s single-core and multi-core tests.
Based on the leaked details, it looks like the M6 Pro 5G is a rebadged version of the Redmi 12 5G. In that case, the phone should feature the following specifications:
- Display: 6.79-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD display with a 90Hz refresh rate. The screen will sport a hole-punch cutout at the top centre for the front camera.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 SoC with Adreno 613 GPU.
- RAM/ storage: Up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of onboard storage.
- Rear camera: 50MP primary sensor + 2MP secondary sensor.
- Front camera: 5MP front camera.
- Battery and fast charging: 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging support out of the box.
- Software: MIUI 14 based on Android 13.
- Other specifications: 3.5mm headphone jack, dual SIM, USB Type-C port, etc.