Reliance Jio has extended a new 20 percent cashback offer for select prepaid recharge plans. The cashback offer is most likely a limited period offer, and will give users cashback directly to their MyJio account – using which they can avail lower pricing on a future recharge. The offer is live now, and is applied on three prepaid offers from the telco – the Rs 249 plan, the Rs 555 plan and the Rs 559 plan. All three prepaid plans offer a mix of data benefits, unlimited calling SMS messaging and bundled content offerings, and can be availed immediately starting today.
The eligible Reliance Jio prepaid offers
Starting with the Rs 249 Reliance Jio prepaid plan, users get 28 days validity when recharging their account with this plan. It bundles 2GB of data per day, along with unlimited calling across all networks within India, 100 SMS messages per day, and bundled content services that include Jio TV, Jio Cinema, Jio Security, Jio News and Jio Cloud. Interestingly, Jio Saavn, the music streaming service, has been left out of the bundled benefits. The plan also does not come with access to Hotstar streaming services.
The second plan under the 20 percent cashback window is the Rs 555 plan, which extends a validity period of 84 days. It also offers 1.5GB of data per day, and the rest of the service offerings, including calls, SMS and content, remain the same as above. The third plan, meanwhile, is priced at Rs 559, and offers 2GB data per day – retaining the same validity period and other benefits as the former plan.
How to get cashback
To get the 20 percent cashback, use the following steps.
- Download the MyJio app on your phone
- Sign in to the app with your Reliance Jio number. You may need to enter an OTP to proceed
- Once signed in, tap on the ‘Recharge’ button on the Home Screen, from beside your number
- Under the recharge screen, users should be able to see the 20 percent cashback plans listed separately
- You can also do this via the Jio website from your PC browser
- Select the eligible plan and proceed to recharge by paying as usual
- Once the recharge is successfully completed, the cashback will be credited to your account
Based on the 20 percent amount listed by Jio as the cashback value, users should get Rs 49.8 cashback when purchasing the Rs 249 prepaid recharge. The Rs 555 prepaid plan should produce a cashback value of Rs 111, while the Rs 559 prepaid plan should offer users cashback of Rs 111.8. The plans are live right now, and can be availed right away.