- Samsung will debut the Galaxy S24 series by early 2024.
- The vanilla Galaxy S24 and Galaxy S24+ might be equipped with Exynos 2400 SoC in select markets.
- The South Korean giant will use custom-made Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC for Galaxy S24 Ultra smartphone in all markets.Â
Samsung is working on the upcoming flagship smartphones, which are tipped to debut in Q1 of 2024. The upcoming flagship lineup of Samsung will include the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra, Galaxy S24+ and Galaxy S24. There were many leaks regarding the specifications of the upcoming Galaxy S24 Ultra smartphone in the past. One of the most anticipated improvements was said to be in the optics department.
Ahead of much anticipation, popular tipster Ice Universe has tipped the telephoto and periscope lens specifications of the upcoming Samsung flagship smartphone. The tipster hints that users need not wait for the forthcoming Galaxy S24 series smartphone; instead, they can opt for the recently launched iPhone 15 series smartphones.
Apple unveiled the iPhone 15 series smartphones, including the iPhone 15 Pro Max, at the Wanderlust event on September 12. One of the significant improvements of the iPhone 15 Pro Max smartphone was the addition of a periscope lens with 5x optical zoom. Many smartphone enthusiasts believed the upcoming Galaxy S24 Ultra smartphone would bring much better telephoto lenses than its predecessor, the Galaxy S23 Ultra.
Samsung May Let Down Users Anticipating Huge Improvements
Ice Universe reveals that Samsung will equip the upcoming Galaxy S24 Ultra smartphone with a 10MP standard telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom. The sensor will be paired with a 50MP periscope lens with 5x optical zoom. Ice Universe adds that the 50MP periscope lens will have an optical format of 1/2.52″ and a sensor size of 0.7μm.
The well-known tipster compares the sensor size with the recently launched Xiaomi 13 Ultra smartphone. Ice Universe adds that Xiaomi equipped Xiaomi 13 Ultra smartphone, which sports two 50MP sensors with an optical format of 1/2.52 “and a sensor size of 0.7μm for telephoto and periscope lenses with 3x and 5x optical zoom. Ice Universe adds that he is disappointed after discovering the information.
A recent report divulged that Samsung will equip the upcoming smartphone with an improved 200MP primary lens. Samsung has shared a press release of the launch of an improved 200MP sensor on its website. There were previous leaks that Samsung might launch the smartphone with Exynos chipsets to keep the costs low.
The latest leaks suggest that Samsung will equip the device with Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Made for Galaxy SoC, built on TSMC’s foundry. A tipster named “Tech Reve” recently revealed that Samsung will equip the smartphone with up to 16GB RAM and 2TB of storage. The upcoming Galaxy S24 Ultra also received 3C certification, revealing no improvements in fast charging capability.
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Expected Specifications
- Display: 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED LTPO panel, 120Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Made for Galaxy, Adreno 740 GPU
- RAM and Storage: Up to 16GB RAM, 2TB Storage
- Software: OneUI 6 based on Android 14
- Rear Cameras: 200 MP primary, 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 50MP periscope lens with 5x optical zoom, 10MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom
- Front Camera: 12MP sensor
- Battery: 5000mAh, 45W wired charging, support for wireless charging.
- Others: Titanium Frame, IP68 water and dust resistance, in-display fingerprint scanner.