Taking a screenshot on a smartphone might sound like a basic task, but not everyone is familiar with smartphones. Capturing a screenshot is also one of the most used features on a smartphone these days. Samsung, one of the most popular smartphone makers, allows you to take screenshots in multiple ways. In this guide, we will take a look at how to take a screenshot on a Samsung smartphone in multiple ways.
We will first check out how to take a screenshot in the most basic way, using the physical buttons. Next, we will take a look at how to capture a screenshot using gestures. Further, we will also take a look at how to take a screenshot using Samsung’s voice assistant, Bixby. Further, we’ll also take a look at how to take a scrolling or extended screenshot, which might be handy on more than one occasion. We will also take a look at a way to take screenshots using S Pen. Let’s take a look at all the ways to take screenshots on Samsung smartphones.
How to Take Screenshot with a Samsung Smartphone using Physical Buttons
The first and easy method is to take a screenshot using hardware keys found on the phone. Here’s how you can take a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone:
- Open the screen you want to capture
- Press the volume down and power button at the same time
- The phone will capture a screenshot
The screenshot will be automatically saved in your gallery inside the Screenshot folder.
How to Take Screenshot with a Samsung Smartphone using Gesture
While Samsung does not allow all Galaxy phones to take a screenshot via gestures, on some Samsung phones, you can capture a screenshot using gestures. However, this is limited to certain Samsung Galaxy smartphones only.
- Open the Settings app
- Search for “Palm swipe to capture”, which will be present under the “Motion and Gestures” settings
- Tap on the Palm swipe to capture the option
- Enable the “Palm swipe to capture” option
- Once this is enabled, you can take a screenshot by swiping the edge of your hand across your phone’s screen.
How to Take Screenshots with a Samsung Smartphone using Bixby Voice Assistant
While Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri are the most popular voice assistants, Samsung’s own voice assistant, Bixby is still present on many Samsung phones and even smartwatches. In case you want to take a screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy phone using Bixby Voice Assistant, here is how you can do it.
- Make sure Bixby Voice is setup
- Say “Hey Bixby, take a screenshot”
- Bixby will capture what’s on your screen
Additionally, you can also say long complex such as “Hey Bixby, take a screenshot, and share on Twitter.”
How to Take Scrolling Screenshot on Samsung Smartphone
Samsung also allows you to take scrolling screenshots, this is handy when you want to share something long and want all content to be on the same screen. Here’s how you can do it:
- Press the volume down and power button at the same time.
- Once the screenshot is taken, to the bottom of the screen, you will get a few options.
- Select the icon with two downward arrows.
- The screen will start scrolling down and you can keep tapping the icon until you reach the desired point on the screen.
- Touch the main screen part and the phone will stitch the content to you.
How to Take Scrolling Screenshots on Samsung Smartphone Using S Pen
If you have an S Pen compatible Samsung device, you can take a screenshot using S Pen’s Screen write feature.
- Remove S Pen from the slot
- Go to the screen you’d like to capture
- With your S Pen, tap the Air command menu icon
- Tap Screen write
- The phone will automatically take a screenshot of the screen you’re on.
In case you want to customize, you can use the controls to write or draw and tap the Save icon to store the screenshot in Gallery.