- Vivo is working on the next-generation foldable and clamshell smartphones.
- The smartphones will debut in early 2024 in the Chinese market.
- Vivo might launch the device in the global markets.
Vivo launched the Vivo X Fold 2 and Vivo X Flip smartphones in April 2023 in China. Vivo X Flip was the first clamshell smartphone from the Chinese smartphone giant. However, Vivo limited the availability of both foldable and clamshell smartphones to the Chinese market. Now it looks like Vivo is working on the Vivo X Fold 3, Vivo X Fold 3 Pro, and Vivo X Flip 2 smartphones. And tipster Digital Chat Station has revealed the chipset details of the forthcoming Vivo X Fold 3 Pro smartphone on Weibo. The tipster previously revealed the launch timeline and camera sensors of the X Fold 3 Pro smartphone. The upcoming foldable smartphone from Vivo has already made its appearance in the IMEI listing.
Of course, we will have to wait and see if the upcoming Vivo foldable and clamshell smartphones make their way to the global markets. It should be noted that Oppo introduced its first clamshell OPPO Find N2 Flip in the global markets in February 2023. More recently, it debuted the OPPO Find N3 and Find N3 Flip in the international markets.
Vivo X Fold 3 Pro Expected Specifications and Launch Timeline
Digital Chat Station divulges that Vivo will equip the upcoming foldable smartphone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC, built on a 4nm process. The chipset features one Cortex X4 core at 3.3GHz, three Cortex-A720 cores at 3.15GHz, two Cortex-A720 cores at 2.96GHz, two Cortex-A520 cores at 2.26GHz, and an Adreno 750 GPU.
The smartphone could sport up to 24GB of RAM and 1TB of internal storage. The vanilla X Fold 3 will be available with up to 16GB of RAM and 1TB of storage. Vivo may equip the smartphones with LPDDR5X RAM and UFS 4.0 storage. The upcoming X Fold 3 Pro smartphone will sport an ultrasonic in-display fingerprint scanner.
Digital Chat Station doesn’t reveal whether Vivo will equip the cover and inner screens with ultrasonic fingerprint sensors. The tipster recently tipped that Xiaomi will equip the upcoming Xiaomi 14 Ultra smartphone with an ultrasonic in-display fingerprint scanner. DCS previously revealed that the Pro model will feature a periscope telephoto sensor similar to the forthcoming Vivo X100 Pro+ smartphone.
Meanwhile, Vivo might also debut the upcoming Vivo X100 Pro+ smartphone under the Vivo X100 Ultra moniker in China. The upcoming foldable smartphones are tipped to debut in Q1 of 2024 in the Chinese market. Vivo will equip the forthcoming smartphones with a slimmer design. The IMEI listing revealed that the device will carry the model number V2337A.
The listing also divulged the moniker and launch timeline of the smartphone, which contradicts the previous leak. The upcoming foldable smartphones will run on Origin OS 4 based on Android 14 out of the box. The tipster doesn’t reveal any other specifications of the upcoming foldable smartphone from Vivo. Let’s recall the specifications of the Vivo X Fold 2 smartphone that debuted in April 2023.
Vivo X Fold 2 Specifications
- Inner Display: 8.03-inch AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, 1916 x 2160 pixels, Dolby Vision, 1800 nits peak brightness, 1440 Hz PWM dimming.
- Cover Display: 6.53-inch AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, 1600 nits peak brightness, FHD+ resolution.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC, Adreno 740 GPU.
- RAM and Storage: 12GB RAM, 256GB / 512GB storage.
- Rear Cameras: 50MP primary lens, OIS, 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 12MP telephoto sensor, 2x optical zoom.
- Front Camera: 16MP (cover display), 16MP (inner display)
- Battery: 4,800mAh battery, 120W wired fast charging, 50W wireless fast charging.