- Xiaomi will debut the Xiaomi 14 Ultra smartphone in March 2024.
- The device will bring significant upgrades over its predecessor.
- The smartphone will not make its way to the Indian market.
Xiaomi debuted Xiaomi 14 series and Redmi K70 Pro smartphones in China with Qualcomm’s newest flagship smartphone. The Chinese smartphone is preparing to launch the vanilla Xiaomi smartphone in India. Xiaomi will debut the Xiaomi 14 and 14 Pro smartphones in the international markets soon. The next major launch from Xiaomi for the Chinese market would be the debut of the Xiaomi 14 Ultra smartphone.
Xiaomi is tipped to debut the Ultra smartphone along with the Xiaomi Pad 7 Pro tablet. The upcoming 14 Ultra smartphone was earlier spotted in the IMEI listing, revealing the model number and launch timeline of the device. The IMEI listing revealed that the device will debut in the Chinese and international markets. Xiaomi is likely to skip the Indian launch of the device similar to its predecessor. Digital Chat Station, a reliable Chinese tipster, has revealed the battery capacity of the upcoming device.
The post shared by Digital Chat Station on Weibo confirms that Xiaomi will equip the forthcoming smartphone with a 5180mAh battery. A previous leak hinted that the upcoming 14 Ultra will pack a large battery in comparison to its predecessor, Xiaomi 13 Ultra, which packed a 5000mAh battery. The report revealed Xiaomi might pack a 5500mAh battery which was a bit exaggerated.
The increase in battery capacity will help the users to experience a prolonged camera session with the device. Digital Chat Station adds that the 5180mAh battery will support 90W wired fast charging and 50W wireless charging tech. The tipster previously confirmed that Xiaomi will continue to equip the smartphones with quad rear cameras. The setup will comprise a 50MP primary lens, 50MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 50MP telephoto sensor and 50MP periscope telephoto lens.
DCS reveals that the device will bring support for variable aperture as opposed to the dual aperture found on the Xiaomi 13 Ultra smartphone. The forthcoming 14 Ultra is tipped to equip a variable aperture ranging between f/1.42 and f/4.0. The device is also tipped with various focal lengths such as 0.5x, 1x, 3.2x and 5x. The upcoming device will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Gen 3 SoC. The device will run on Hyper OS based on Android 14 out of the box.
The IMEI listing of the device revealed that the device will debut in China in March 2024. The device is tipped to debut in the global and Chinese markets simultaneously. The smartphone also received EEC certification, confirming the global launch. DCS previously revealed that the device will feature a curved AMOLED panel with 2K resolution and an LTPO panel with a 120Hz refresh rate.
Xiaomi 14 Ultra Tipped Specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch AMOLED screen, 2K resolution, 120Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3, Adreno 750 GPU.
- Software: HyperOS based on Android 14.
- RAM and Storage: 12GB / 16GB, 256GB / 512GB/ 1TB.
- Rear cameras: 50MP Sony LYT-900 primary sensor with OIS, 50MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 50MP telephoto lens, fourth camera with Sony LYT900 sensor.
- Front camera: 32MP lens.
- Battery: 5500mAh, 120W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging.
- Other Features: IP68 rating, in-display fingerprint scanner.