- iQOO will debut the iQOO 12 5G smartphone in India on December 12.
- The device will be the first to equip Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC in India.
- The upcoming iQOO flagship will also be the first non-Pixel smartphone to debut with Android 14.
iQOO confirmed the launch of the iQOO 12 5G smartphone in India way ahead of its debut in China. The company has been teasing the various specifications of the upcoming iQOO flagship smartphone in India. iQOO has also confirmed the debut of iQOO Neo 9 series smartphones in China. The upcoming Neo 9 series smartphones would be the last smartphones from the brand to debut in 2024 in China.
The upcoming flagship smartphone has made its appearance in multiple certifications, including Bluetooth SIG. iQOO has also discounted the existing iQOO 11 5G flagship smartphone by Rs 13,000 for customers purchasing the product through Amazon India and iQOO’s official website. And now exclusive internal sources of the MySmartPrice have confirmed that the price of the device will be under Rs 55,000.
Besides this tipster Mukul Sharma took to X(formerly Twitter) where he shared the box pricing of the smartphone ahead of its debut on December 12 in India. The tipster also reveals the MRP (Maximum Retail Price) of the base variant of the device.
iQOO 12 5G to Debut under Rs 60,000 Segment in India
Mukul Sharma shared an image of the box, which masks the second digit of the price of the device. The image reveals that the smartphone will be priced between Rs 50,999 and Rs 55,000. Mukul says that his source adds that the forthcoming flagship smartphone from iQOO will be priced at Rs 56,999 for the base variant with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage in India.
The tipster adds that iQOO will also debut the smartphone in 16GB RAM and 512GB storage configuration in India. iQOO is also expected to launch the smartphone with various bank offers, which will further reduce the launch pricing of the device. The Vivo-owned brand confirmed that it will be the first non-Pixel smartphone to debut with Android 14 out of the box.
The brand later shared that it will provide the device with three major Android updates and four years of security updates. iQOO confirms that the Funtouch OS 14 based on Android 14 will not ship with Hot apps, games and other bloatware. The brand is aiming to offer a flagship-level experience for its customers with the upcoming flagship device.
The micro-site of the iQOO 12 5G smartphone confirms that the device will be equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC. The device has scored over 2.1 million points on the AnTuTu benchmark website. iQOO also teases that it will be the first device in India to equip a 50MP primary lens, 50MP ultra-wide-angle lens and 64MP telephoto sensor. iQOO will equip the device with an independent Q1 Supercomputing chip.
iQOO 12 5G Expected Specifications
- Display: 6.78-inch LTPO AMOLED display, 1.5K resolution, 144Hz variable refresh rate, up to 3000 nits peak brightness, 2160Hz PWM dimming support.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC, Adreno 750 GPU.
- RAM and Storage: 12GB / 16GB of LPDDR5X RAM, 256GB / 512GB UFS 4.0 storage.
- Software: Funtouch OS 14 based on Android 14.
- Rear Cameras: 50MP primary camera with a sensor size of 1/1.3-inch, OIS, 50MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 64MP telephoto sensor, 3x optical zoom.
- Front Camera: 16MP.
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 120W fast charging.