- POCO 23076PC4BI was recently spotted on the IMEI database.
- The upcoming POCO handset could be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 processor.
- It might feature a 50MP camera setup and a 5000mAh battery unit.
POCO has been on a launch spree. The brand, in H1 2023, launched the POCO C50, POCO C51, POCO C55, POCO X5, POCO X5 Pro, and POCO F5 smartphones in the country. Now, POCO India head – Himanshu Tandon has announced that POCO is done with 5 series and these smartphones paved the path for tremendous growth for the company in the Indian market.
Himanshu also took the opportunity to tease the launch of the first smartphone under the 6 series. He took it to the micro-blogging site – Twitter to share the information and teaser for the upcoming smartphone. Take a look at his post,
We believe in having a lean and mean portfolio. POCO '5' Series had – C50, C51, C55, M5, X5, X5 Pro and F5 which gave us tremendous growth in the first half of this year.
It's time to move to the '6' series now!! #ComingSoon
— Himanshu Tandon (@Himanshu_POCO) July 19, 2023
POCO Country Head didn’t reveal the moniker of the launch date of the upcoming POCO smartphone. An upcoming POCO smartphone with model number 23076PC4BI was recently spotted on the IMEI database, which could be the POCO M6 Pro 5G. To those unaware, a recent finding by tipster Kacper Skrzypek revealed that POCO M6 Pro will soon be launched in the Indian market.
#RedmiNote12R for Global markets:
– Redmi 12 5G (Global/India)
– POCO M6 Pro 5G (India)
— Kacper Skrzypek 🇵🇱 (@kacskrz) July 1, 2023
Kacper had also claimed that the POCO M6 Pro 5G will be a rebranded Redmi Note 12R which was launched last month in the Chinese market. The Redmi Note 12R is a mid-range smartphone and it is the first smartphone to be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 processor. Let us take a quick recap of Redmi Note 12R specifications, features, and price.
Redmi Note 12R: Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.79-inch LCD display with Full HD+ (2460 x 1080 Pixel) resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 550nits peak brightness, 1500: 1 contrast ratio, SGS low blue light certification, and centred punch hole notch
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 SoC with Adreno 613 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 4GB / 6GB / 8GB RAM LPDDR4X with 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.2 Internal Storage
- Software: MIUI 14, based on Android 13
- Cameras: 50MP primary camera with 2MP depth sensor and LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP Selfie Camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging, USB Type-C port
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone port, Hi-Res Audio
- Security: Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner
- Dimensions: 168.6 × 76.28 × 8.17 mm
- Weight: 199 Grams
- Others: Infrared Remote Control, IP53 Splash Resistant
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 5G, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou
- Colour Options: Midnight Black, Time Blue, Sky Illusion
The Redmi Note 12R is priced at RMB 1099 (approx Rs 12,500) for 4GB + 128GB configuration variant. The smartphone also comes in 6GB + 128GB and 8GB + 256GB configuration options that are priced at RMB 1199 (approx Rs 13,700) and RMB 1799 (approx Rs 20,500) respectively. To learn more about the Redmi Note 12R, you can head over to this link.