- The OPPO A2m could be powered by Dimensity 700 SoC.
- The device will pack up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage.
- The smartphone will boast a 13MP primary camera and a 5MP front-facing camera.
OPPO’s A-series smartphones such as the OPPO A2x and the OPPO A2m received the TENAA certification in China last month. Out of these two A-series smartphones, OPPO launched the OPPO A2x smartphone in China a couple of days back. However, the OPPO A2m 5G is yet to make its debut. Now, ahead of the launch, the complete specification as well as the design of the OPPO A2m is revealed by the China Telecom listing.
OPPO A2m Will Feature HD+ Resolution Display, And 13MP Rear-facing Camera
The listing reveals that the upcoming OPPO A2m 5G will have a water-drop shape notch at the centre of the display. The device will boast a single camera at the back which will be accompanied by an LED flash. The power key on the device will be located on the right side of the device, while the left edge will include volume buttons.
As far as the specifications of the device go, the OPPO A2m 5G will launch in three RAM and storage configurations. The base OPPO A2m 5G model will pack 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, while the other variant will ship with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. The top-end variant will come with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. Under the hood, the smartphone could be powered by an octa-core Dimensity 700 (MT6833V) chipset. Considering the recent rebranding from MediaTek, the chipset could be called as the Dimensity 6020. To recall, the A2x was launched in China with Dimensity 6020 chipset only. For security purposes, the A2m will also feature a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Moving onto the imaging department, the A2m will sport a 13MP primary camera, while the front of the smartphone will include a 5MP selfie camera unit. Furthermore, the listing discloses that the smartphone will feature a HD+ resolution display. On the software side of things, the A2m 5G will boot Android 13 out of the box with the company’s ColorOS skin on top.
As far as the rest of the key features go, the handset will have a 3.5mm audio jack, a USB Type-C port, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, and a dual SIM card slot. The smartphone will be available in Starry Night Black and Flying Frost Purple colour options.
The price of the device in China will start at CNY 1499 (Roughly Rs 17,100) for the base 6GB RAM + 128GB storage model, while the variant with 8GB/12GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage will cost CNY 1799 (Roughly Rs 20,700) and CNY 2199 (Roughly Rs 25,300) respectively.
OPPO A2m Specifications (Expected)
- Display: 6.56-inch display, HD+ resolution, Water-drop shape notch.
- Processor: MediaTek’s octa-core Dimensity 700 SoC with Mali-G57 MP2 GPU.
- RAM And Storage: 6GB + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB, 12GB + 256GB.
- Software: Android 13.
- Rear-facing camera: 13MP camera, LED flash.
- Front-facing camera: 5MP.
- Dimensions And Weight: 163.78×75.08×8.12mm; 184.6 grams.
- Connectivity: dual-SIM card slot, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, USB Type-C port, a 3.5mm audio jack.
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- Colours: Starry Night Black and Flying Frost Purple