Password protected PDF files giving you troubles? Monthly bank statements, Aadhaar card and Credit Card bills are password-protected, and different banks follow different password patterns which is usually a combination of user name, bank account number, and date of birth. Remembering the password pattern for each and every bank is certainly not everyone’s cup of tea. To save you from hassle, there are various online tools and apps that works as password unlocker or remover for PDF files, but you need to enter the password when you access the password-protected PDF file for the first time.
Here is a list of some tools which might come in handy, but before we begin we would like to highlight that these methods are intended to make your experience hassle-free. Users will only be able to create an unlocked version of a password-protected PDF only if they know the password.
How to Remove Password from PDF Files (Like Aadhaar Card and Credit Card Statement) on Google Chrome Browser
Google Chrome is one of those apps which all of us use on a regular basis on Windows 10. Removing the password using Chrome is one of the simplest and easiest methods as it doesn’t require users to install additional software or app on their devices.
Users can simply open the password-protected PDF file with Chrome, and enter the password.
Users will find a Print button on the top right corner to create an unlocked version of the password-protected PDF file .
Users also get an option to choose the pages they want to retain in the unlocked version of the PDF file. Additionally, it also provides users an option to print the file as an image. After choosing the options as per preference, users need to hit the Save button.
Users can navigate to the folder where they want to keep the unlocked PDF file, enter the filename, and hit the Save button.
How to Remove Password from PDF Files (Like Aadhaar Card and Credit Card Statement) Using Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is another app that can be found on almost everyone’s computer, and can also help users in creating a password-free version of a password-protected PDF. Users simply need to open the file password-protected PDF file with Adobe Reader.
Since the file is password-protected, users need to enter the password to view the content.
Users can head over to File section in the Menu bar and hit Save As option in order to create an unlocked version of the password-protected PDF file.
Users can simply navigate to the folder where they want to keep the unlocked PDF file, enter the filename, and hit the Save button.
How to Remove Password from PDF Files (Like Aadhaar Card and Credit Card Statement) Using Smallpdf
Smallpdf is an online tool that can help you remove passwords from a password-protected file. Smallpdf provides tons of various other tools too such as compress PDF, conversion from PDF to PPT, insert page numbers in PDF, combine multiple PDFs into one, and a lot more.
Users can simply head over to smallpdf.com and click on the Unlock PDF tile.
Users need to upload the password-protected PDF file.
After uploading the file, users will see a dialogue box with a warning that they should proceed only if they have a right to unlock the PDF file.
After this, the Unlock PDF button will be enabled.
Smallpdf tries to unlock the password-protected PDF file without you needing to type the password. Though, it asks users to enter the password in case it is unable to unlock the file.
After the file is unlocked, it shows a preview of the file. Users can simply download the file, or modify it with the help of Split PDF, Merge PDF, and other options. We hope that you find this guide helpful. Feel free to share the post to educate people around. We will soon be back with another useful guide for our readers.
How Do I Convert a PDF to a Password Protected PDF?
You can easily set a password for the PDF file after you convert it. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open PDF in Acrobat Reader and Open the file you want to password-protect
- Then Go to the File menu and click on Protect Using Password. You can alternatively go to Tools > Protect > Protect Using Password
- Once done, you will see a window that shows an option to choose between Viewing or Editing the PDF. Once select Viewing, if you want password-protect the file for viewing purpose.
- You then need to Type and Re-type the desired Password and click on Apply to add a password-protected layer over your PDFs.
How Do I Create a Read-only PDF?
In case you need a PDF file that no one can edit or take a print out, the read-only format is the one. Users can follow these simple steps to turn your normal PDF file into a read-only PDF:
- Open the file using Adobe Acrobat software and go to File > Properties and then select Documents Properties.
- There you will find the Security tab. By default, there are no security settings in the Security Methods option. One can choose the Password Security setting in the drop-down menu. You will see a Password Security Setting dialogue will appear.
- You can then select Restrict editing and printing of the document box. Set Printing Allowed and Changes Allowed to None.
- Once done, you need to enter the password to protect the file. Now select an Acrobat version from the Compatibility menu and choose a version lower than the recipients’ version of Acrobat or Reader.
- Click Ok. You will then ask to re-type the password to save the changes.
Through this process, you convert the files into read-only ones.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, head over to our Facebook page