- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 6 and Z Flip 6 will debut in Q3 of 2024.
- The smartphones are tipped to equip larger displays.
- Samsung will bring a significant improvement in the optics of the Galaxy Flip 6 smartphone.
Samsung debuted the Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5 smartphones in July 2023. The smartphones debuted internationally in a Galaxy Unpacked event in its home country i.e., South Korea. The Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5 foldable smartphones came with many improvements over their predecessors. Samsung recently trademarked the Galaxy Z Fold 6 and Z Flip 6 monikers ahead of its debut in the second half of 2024.
An alleged prototype of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 6 foldable smartphone recently went live on the internet. The prototype revealed that the upcoming smartphone will have a wider ratio similar to the recently debuted OnePlus Open smartphone. The image also confirmed that the device has a wider and zero-gap design with a thick middle frame. Ross Young, who is known by the username DSCCRoss on X (formerly Twitter), has revealed the cover screen size of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 6 smartphone.
Samsung to Equip a Larger Foldable and Cover Screen with Galaxy Z Fold and Z Flip 6 Smartphones
The tipster confirms that Samsung will equip the foldable and cover screens of the upcoming foldable and clamshell smartphones with a larger display. The post adds that the cover screen of the forthcoming Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 6 will measure 3.9-inch which is more significant than the Z Flip 5’s 3.4-inch cover screen. We can expect the inner 6.7-inch foldable AMOLED screen to get upsized with the upcoming Z Flip 6 smartphone.
The tipster doesn’t explicitly reveal the display size of the foldable and cover displays of the upcoming Galaxy Z Fold 6 smartphone. The upcoming Z Fold 6 smartphones are tipped to equip optics similar to the Galaxy Z Fold 5 smartphone.
A tipster confirmed that Samsung will launch the device with the same 50MP ISOCELL GN3 sensor. The upcoming Z Fold 6 smartphone is also tipped to equip a dedicated slot for the stylus. The recent foldable launches by Chinese smartphone brands triggered the South Korean giant to change the aspect ratio and thickness.
In contrast, the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 6 smartphone is tipped to bring significant improvements in the optics department. A report from Galaxyclub reveals that Samsung will equip the Galaxy Z Flip 6 smartphone with a 50MP primary sensor. Let’s recall the specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5: Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.7-inch Full-HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 2640x 1080 pixel resolution, 425 PPI, 3.4-inch AMOLED screen, 60Hz adaptive refresh rate, 720 x 748 pixels.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy, Adreno 740.
- RAM and Storage: 8GB LPDDR5X RAM and 256GB/512GB UFS 4.0 storage.
- Rear Cameras: 12MP primary lens, OIS, 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens.
- Front Camera: 10MP selfie camera.
- Battery and Charging: 3,700mAh, 25W wired charging, 15W wireless charging
- Dimensions and Weight: 85.1 x 71.9 x 15.1 mm (Folded), 165.1 x 71.9 x 6.9 mm (Unfolded) and 187 grams.
- Others: IPX8 water resistant, NFC, Type-C port, eSIM support, Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Stereo speaker with Dolby Atmos audio.