- Xiaomi will debut the Ultra series smartphones soon in China.
- The forthcoming Xiaomi 14 Ultra will debut in global markets.
- Xiaomi will equip the device with periscope sensors and variable apertures.
Xiaomi has launched the Redmi 13C 5G and 4G smartphones in India. The Redmi 13C series was the last launch for the year 2023 in India. Xiaomi also confirmed that it will debut the Redmi Note 13 Pro+ smartphone in India in January. The Chinese smartphone giant recently launched the Redmi K70 series smartphones in China. Now, there are reports that Xiaomi is working on the upcoming Xiaomi 14 Ultra and Redmi K70 Ultra smartphones.
The upcoming Ultra smartphones will be the last devices in their respective series. Digital Chat Station, a well-known tipster, recently divulged the specifications of the Redmi K70 Ultra smartphone, which will debut at the end of H1 of 2024. In contrast, the 14 Ultra smartphone might debut in March 2024, similar to its predecessor. Digital Chat Station has revealed the camera specifications of the upcoming device.
The new post shared by the tipster on the Chinese microblogging platform Weibo reveals that Xiaomi will equip the device with a 50MP Sony LYT 900 primary sensor with f/1.63 aperture and Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS). The primary sensor was previously tipped to equip with variable aperture ranging between f/1.42 and f/4.0.
The tipster claims that the aperture of f/1.63 is equivalent to the full frame aperture of f/4.3. Xiaomi is tipped to improve the optics department significantly compared to its predecessor. The upcoming device will sport various focal lengths ranging from 0.5x to 5x.
Digital Chat Station confirms that the three other 50MP sensors in the device will sport high aperture values. The smartphone is tipped to equip a 50MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 50MP telephoto lens and 50MP periscope telephoto lens. A 5180mAh battery with support for 90W wired fast charging and 50W wireless charging tech will back the upcoming device.
The slight increase in battery capacity will help users enjoy a prolonged experience with their smartphones. The tipster recently confirmed that Xiaomi will switch to ultrasonic fingerprint scanners with the upcoming device. The ultrasonic fingerprint scanners can unlock smartphones despite fingers being wet or oily.
Goodix has started testing the development of ultrasonic fingerprint scanners for the upcoming Android smartphones. The previous leak confirms that Xiaomi will equip the forthcoming Xiaomi smartphone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC. The smartphone will run Hyper OS based on Android 14 out of the box. The device will sport an AMOLED display with LTPO technology and 2K resolution.
Xiaomi 14 Ultra Expected Specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch AMOLED screen, 2K resolution, 120Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3, Adreno 750 GPU.
- Software: HyperOS based on Android 14.
- RAM and Storage: 12GB / 16GB, 256GB / 512GB/ 1TB.
- Rear cameras: 50MP Sony LYT-900 primary sensor with OIS, 50MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 50MP telephoto lens, 50MP periscope telephoto lens.
- Front camera: 32MP lens.
- Battery: 5500mAh, 120W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging.
- Other Features: IP68 rating, in-display fingerprint scanner.