- Xiaomi recently launched Redmi 12 in Thailand.
- The smartphone is an upgraded variant of Redmi 12C.
- A report reveals the Indian launch timeline of the new device.
Xiaomi is working on the upcoming Redmi Note 13 series smartphones, which will debut in December or January 2024. Recently, one of the forthcoming devices was spotted in the IMEI database. However, the company has continued launching smartphones as part of the Redmi Note 12 series branding. The Chinese OEM has unveiled over a dozen smartphones under the Note 12 branding.
After multiple leaks and rumours, Xiaomi recently unveiled the Redmi 12 smartphone in Thailand. The company is expected to launch the new Redmi smartphone in India next week. A new report from Xiaomiui has revealed the launch timeline of the upcoming smartphone. The device would be priced above Redmi 12C and features slight improvements over the existing device.
Redmi 12 Launch Timeline and Specifications
Xiaomiui has spotted the Indian firmware of the upcoming Redmi smartphone in the official MIUI server. The report reveals that the upcoming device will have the build number V126.96.36.199.TMXINXM. The “IN” in the firmware denotes that the software is made for the Indian market. The “IN” would be replaced by “EU” and other codes for smartphones in other markets.
The report adds that Xiaomi might launch the smartphone in the first week of July. We can expect Redmi India to officially announce the smartphone’s launch date in the upcoming days. Xiaomi had priced the smartphone at TBH 5,299 (approx. Rs 12,530) for the base variant with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. The company hadn’t revealed the pricing of the other variants with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage and 8GB RAM and 256GB storage.
Xiaomi is speculated to price the smartphone at Rs 10,999 for the base variant with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage. The smartphone offers a better display, processor, camera, and fast charging support than the Redmi 12C smartphone. Xiaomi has launched the vanilla Redmi 12 smartphone in Midnight Black, Sky Blue, and Polar Silver colour options in Thailand. The company equips the smartphone with a 6.79-inch display with a Full HD+ resolution.
Underneath, it is equipped with MediaTek Dimensity Helio G88 SoC which is built on a 12nm process. The chipset is paired with Mali G52 GPU, up to 8GB of RAM, and 256GB of storage. The smartphone runs on MIUI 14 based on Android 13 out of the box. Regarding optics, the device has a triple rear camera setup with a 50MP primary camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2MP macro sensor. The smartphone is backed by a 5000 mAh battery which supports 18W fast charging tech.
- Display: 6.79-inch display, Full HD+ resolution, centre punch-hole cutout, 396 PPI pixel density, 550 nits brightness, 70% colour gamut
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G88 SoC with Arm Mali-G52 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 4GB RAM + 128GB storage, 8GB RAM + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB storage, microSD card support
- Software: MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- Rear camera: 50MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture and 120-degree FOV, 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 8MP sensor with f/2.1 aperture
- Battery: 5,000mAh with 18W fast charging support
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou, FM Radio, NFC, 3.5mm audio jack, USB Type-C port
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, AI face unlock, IP53 rating