- Asus released an official statement in response to recent reports of the Zenfone series shutting down.
- The company says the Zenfone 10 will not be the last smartphone in the series.
- It asked everyone to stay tuned for 2024 product lineups.
Asus has finally released a statement its fans and many tech enthusiasts, in general, must be hoping for. The company has denied reports of the Zenfone series shutting down in the near future. It has assured fans and everyone that the company is committed to making smartphones under the series.
Asus Reveals More Zenfone Launches in 2024
Asus has released a press release confirming it has no intentions of pulling the plug on the Zenfone series. The official statement has come in response to recent reports claiming the Zenfone 10 is the last smartphone in the series.
The company revealed none of the aforementioned claims are true. It will continue to release new smartphones under both series i.e. Zenfone and ROG Phone. The latter is a series of smartphones aimed at mobile gamers. These phones are packed with top-of-the-line specifications along with product design to attract gaming enthusiasts.
The official statement reads, “We will continue our two main phone business product lines, the ROG Phone and the Zenfone. ASUS has a strong commitment to our smartphone business and customers. Please reference our Q2 earnings call for more information. Please stay tuned for our 2024 product lineups.”
It means we will most probably continue to get compact Android smartphones from the company. It is important to note Asus could still decide to ditch compact phones and move to large-screen smartphones. This is because small-sized phones are a niche product and are unlikely to result in big sales numbers and revenue figures.
Nevertheless, one thing is confirmed which is Zenfone series is here to stay for the time being. The company has talked about 2024 product lineups, suggesting there will not be any new Zenfone release this year. We will keep you updated as more details about future Zenfone and ROG Phone smartphones will appear.
ASUS Zenfone 10 Specifications
- Display: 5.9-inch AMOLED display, Full HD+ resolution, punch-hole cutout, Gorilla Glass Victus protection, 144Hz refresh rate, 1,100 nits maximum brightness, HDR support, 107% NTSC colour gamut, 151.9% sRGB colour gamut.
- Processor: Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC with Adreno 740 GPU.
- RAM And Storage: 8GB/16GB LPDDR5X RAM, 128GB/256GB/512GB UFS 4.0 storage.
- Software: Android 13 OS with ASUS ZenUI.
- Rear-facing Camera: 50 primary camera, f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 13MP ultra-wide camera, f/2.2, 120º viewing angle.
- Front-facing camera: 32MP
- Other Features: 3.5mm audio jack, dual stereo speakers with Dirac HD Sound, IP68 rating, 2 microphones with OZO Audio Noise Reduction Technology.
- Dimensions And Weight: 146.5×68.1×9.4mm; 172 grams.
- Connectivity: dual-SIM card slot, 5G SA/NSA, dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 be/ax/ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v5.3, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, NavIC, USB Type-C port, NFC
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 30W fast charging, 15W wireless charging.