Battlegrounds Mobile India is all set to kick start its first esports tournament in India next month. Dubbed as Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021 or BGIS, the first-ever BGMI tournament brings a prize pool of a whopping Rs 1,00,000. The tournament will start on August 2nd and will end on October 10th. Before this, anyone who has an account in BGMI with a Platinum V rank and 15 levels can apply for the tournament. But, how do you register for the tournament? What is the tournament format? What are the prizes that can be won during the tournament? Questions like these will surely baffle many. However, in order to make things easier for you, we have provided all the details regarding the BGIS tournament 2021. Here’s what is all you need to know!
What is the Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021 (BGIS) Tournament?
Krafton has revealed the very first esports tournament in India. Known as the Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021, the tournament will kickstart from August 2nd and will end on October 10th. The latest tournament is only meant for the residents of India. Furthermore, the prize pool for the tournament is a whopping Rs. 1,00,00,000 for this inaugural series, which will span across 3 months.
BGIS Tournament Requirements
The company has also revealed some set of rules for players who want to participate in the BGMI tournament. Here’s what you need to know:
- Players above 16 can participate in the event. However, players under 16 will require parental consent for playing the tournament.
- All the players should be a resident of India.
- The BGMI account should be at Level 15 or more and players should be on Platinum and above tier.
- Only 4 players will be allowed in a team. There will be no substitutes.
- Only handheld mobile devices will be allowed. There be no emulators or tablets used in the game. Furthermore, one cannot use triggers, controllers and other add-on devices as well.
BGIS Tournament Format
The company has revealed that the Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021 tournament will kickstart from August 2nd and will end on October 10th. The two-month tournament will be divided into different sections like in-game qualifiers, online qualifiers, and so on. Here’s what you need to know about the whole BGIS India Series 2021 tournament format.
Players who have registered for BGIS can play the in-game qualifiers from August 2nd, 2021 from midnight. The registered teams have to finish their game before 23:59 on August 8th. The company has revealed that the top 10 of 15 matches will be considered for evaluation and will be scored accordingly. The developers will select top 1024 teams during this round that will go in online qualifiers. In case of a tie, certain parameters such as finishes, survival time, accuracy, etc will be considered for selecting the winner.
The online qualifiers will start from August 17th and will end on September 12th. The top 1024 teams that qualify during the in-game qualifiers will battle each other in the online qualifiers over the course of 21 days. From this, the top 64 teams will go to the Quarter Finals. The online qualifiers will have three rounds. From Round 1, the top 512 teams will head to Round 2. Similarly, the 512 teams will battle each other to secure their place in Round 2. Out of these, 224 teams will be selected for the next round. Lastly, the Round 3 will see 224 teams + 32 invited teams battling out each other. From this, the top 64 teams will go to the Quarter Finals.
The next stage in this tournament is the Quarter Finals. In this, the 64 teams qualified in online qualifiers will compete with each other. The company has revealed that the teams will be divided in groups and top 4 squads from each group will qualify to Semi-Finals, while the losing 8 squads will fight each other in the Loser Bracket. The 48 teams will still have a chance to make their way to the Semi-Finals through the Loser Bracket. The round will go over the course of 3 days and from this pool, top 2 squads from each group with the best scores and 2 squads with the highest finishes will be qualifying to Semi-Finals.
Moving on, the 24 squads that are selected in Quarter Finals will battle each other in a Semi Finals over the course of 3 days. The company has revealed that the top 16 squads with the highest cumulative score would proceed to the Grand finals.
Krafton has revealed that the top 16 teams will battle out each other from October 7th to October 10th and the winner of the Battleground Mobile India Series 2021 will be decided.
BGIS Tournament Prize Pool
The tournament brings a prize pool of a whopping Rs 1,00,00,000. The prizes will be distributed as follows:
- First Place – Rs 50,00,000
- Second Place – Rs. 25,00,000
- Third Place – Rs. 10,00,000
- Fourth Place – Rs. 3,00,000
- Fifth Place – Rs. 2,00,000
- Sixth Place – Rs 1,50,000
- Seventh Place – Rs 1,00,000
- Eight Place – Rs 90,000
- Ninth Place – Rs 80,000
- Tenth Place – Rs 70,000
- Eleventh Place – Rs 60,000
- Twelfth Place – Rs 50,000
- Thirteenth Place – Rs 40,000
- Fourteenth Place – Rs 30,000
- Fifteenth Place – Rs 20,000
- Sixteenth Place – Rs 10,000
This is not it. There are some other interesting prizes that players can get during this tournament:
- MVP – Rs 1,00,000
- The Lone Ranger – Rs 50,000
- The Rampage Freak – Rs 50,000
- Most Finishes By a Squad – Rs 50,000
- The Redeemer – Rs 50,000
How to Register for the BGIS Tournament?
Registering for the tournament is pretty simple and you need to do the following.
- Go to https://esports-battlegroundsmobileindia.com/register/ and click on the Register Button.
- You then need to fill in your Team Name, Team Owner Name, Email Address, Mobile Number, and City.
- Once done, click on Next. If the Caption is the Team Owner then you need to select the option before moving to the next step.
- If you are the Caption of the team, you need to enter your name, date of birth, Gender, email address, character ID, in-Game name, ID Proof, Mobile Number, City and State. Once done, click on Next.
- You then need to enter all the details of the rest of the players with the same details as mentioned above.
After this, follow the on-screen instructions to register yourself for the BGIS tournament.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the last date of registration for BGIS?
As per the company, the last date of registration for BGIS is August 1st. Players can choose or edit their teams till August 1st with the link attached with their confirmation mail.
Do I Need Mobile Number and Email to Register for BGIS Tournament?
Yes, you need to register using your mobile number and email address for the tournament. The company will provide the match details and other important announcements through a text message or a mail to the players.
What is Character ID and Where Can I Find it?
Character ID is the unique identification number for each players. The Character ID will help the developers to search for the players applying for the tournament. Here’s how you can find it:
- Open BGMI game on your device.
- Click on the player profile icon on the top left of the screen.
- The number mentioned below your IGN to the left is your character ID.
Can I switch teams during the Tournament?
No, you cannot switch teams once you enter the tournament. You can only play with the team, which you registered for before the tournament. Furthermore, players cannot register with more than one team during the tournament.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page