- Honor re-entered the Indian phone market recently with the Honor 90 mid-range device.
- The Honor 90 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G SoC.
- Honor plans to start manufacturing phones in India early next year.
Honor made its comeback to the Indian smartphone market recently with the launch of Honor 90. The company entered the market by partnering with PSAV Global and HTech. Madhav Sheth, the ex-CEO of Realme India is now heading the HTech in India and thereby leading Honor’s India operations as well.
In a recent talk with the Economic Times, Madhav has confirmed several key business decisions that the company will take in the coming months to strengthen its position in India and take it further. Some of the major talks include Honor phones being made in India, investments in India, more phone launches, and much more. Let’s take a look at all the new details shared by HTech’s CEO regarding Honor’s India strategy.
Honor To Launch More Phones in India Soon
Madhav Sheth has confirmed that the company is currently in talks with three contract manufacturers in India to start producing Honor phones in India. The company is expected to start local production by January-March in 2024. In addition, he also confirmed that the company has already invested 400 crore towards setting up operations and distributions in India for the Honor brand.
Further, the top executive also confirmed that Honor is also planning to launch more phones in India in the coming months. “The company is doing more than what we planned for”, he added. The company has targeted 50,000 units of sales of Honor 90 this festive season across online and offline stores and is expected to drive Rs 60 crore worth of sales during the season.
The company launched the Honor 90 back in August for Rs 37,999 and Rs 39,999 respectively for 256GB and 512GB variants. The phone’s key features include a curved AMOLED screen, Snapdragon 778G SoC, 200MP main camera, and 66W fast charging.
Honor 90: Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.7-inch Curved AMOLED display, 1.5K (2664 × 1200 pixel) resolution, 435ppi pixel density, 120Hz refresh rate, 1600 nits peak brightness, 50,00,000: 1 contrast ratio, HDR 10+, DCI-P3 colour gamut
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1, Adreno 644 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 8GB/ 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 7GB virtual RAM, 256GB/ 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: MagicOS 7.1, based on Android 13
- Cameras: 200MP primary camera with 1/1.4-inch sensor, 12MP ultra-wide camera with macro option, 2MP depth sensor, and LED flash
- Front Camera: 50MP selfie cameras with 4K recording
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAh battery, 66W fast charging, USB Type-C charging port
- Audio: Stereo speaker setup, Type-C audio
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 161.9 × 74.1 × 7.8mm
- Weight: 183 grams
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 5G, WiFi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS
- Colour Options: Emerald Green, Diamond Silver, and Midnight Black