- IRCTC website and app have been down since morning.
- The company has confirmed that there’s an issue and users can make use of alternatives such as Amazon, Makemytrip etc to book the tickets.
- Currently, the company has not provided any update as to when the ongoing issue will be fixed.
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) website has been down since Tuesday morning. Due to some technical glitch, many users are not able to access the website. Additionally, apart from the website, the company’s app is not working for a couple of hours. Several users took to Twitter recently to confirm that they are not able to access the website, nor able to log in.
IRCTC Confirms Technical Team of CRIS is Resolving the Issue
IRCTC has confirmed the issue. The platform has revealed that the website is down for technical reasons. Moreover, the technical team of CRIS is resolving the issue. When the user tried to book the tickets on the website, the following message was displayed “Due to maintenance activity e-ticketing service is not available. Please try later. For cancellation/file TDR, please call customer care no. 14646,0755-6610661 & 0755-4090600 OR MAIL AT email@example.com.”
Due to technical reasons, the ticketing service is not available on IRCTC site and App. Technical team of CRIS is resolving the issue.
Alternatively tickets can be booked through other B2C players like Amazon, Makemytrip etc.
— IRCTC (@IRCTCofficial) July 25, 2023
How to Book Train Tickets Online
IRCTC has confirmed that customers can make use of alternatives such as Amazon and Makemytrip etc. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Amazon or MakeMyTrip website and go to the train booking section.
- Now, select the destination and fill in other details like departure city, destination, date, and time of travel.
- Furthermore, the user needs to select the train, choose the seat, and make the payment in order to receive the ticket confirmation message.
As of now, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has not shared any details as to how much time it would require to solve the ongoing outage. IRCTC is an online platform through which users can book railway tickets. In the country, over 15 lakhs tickets are booked daily out of which nearly 80% of tickets are booked via IRCTC.