As the whole world is facing an unprecedented crisis from the Coronavirus, social distancing and quarantine have become the words most associated with the current situation. Staying inside the home would’ve been extremely boring had it not been for the endless trove of content that is provided on streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Disney Plus Hotstar.
Netflix, in particular, has been aggressively marketing in India since it holds currently one of the lowest percentages of the country’s online streaming market. While its growing list of original content is picking up more pace than ever, the pricing of its plans still happens to remain an issue.
We have compiled a list of all the plans that Netflix currently offers in the country and what plans will best suit your quarantine needs.
Netflix Subscription Plans: Price in India, Benefits
Currently, Netflix has four plans in the country. These plans start from Rs 199 and go up to Rs 799. Each plan offers a different number of screens on which content can be viewed simultaneously. Here’s the list of all plans that Netflix has to offer you:
- Netflix Rs 199 mobile-only plan
- Netflix Rs 299 Mobile+ Plan
- Netflix Basic Rs 499 plan
- Netflix Standard Rs 649 plan
- Netflix Premium Rs 799 plan
Netflix Rs 199 mobile-only plan
As the name of this plan suggests, it is only for accessing Netflix on a smartphone. The company had announced this plan last year after its entry-level of Rs 499 proved a tad-bit costly for users. The Rs. 199 mobile-only plan allows for content to be viewed on only 1 screen at a time. As its mobile-only, you will not be able to use your Netflix account with this plan on Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast or any other big-screen gadget which includes laptops and iPads. Content can be streamed in HD, a service that lacked till very recently on this mobile plan. This plan is definitely useful if you prefer to consume all your content via just your mobile phone. Annually you will be charged Rs 2,388 for this mobile plan.
Netflix Rs 299 Mobile+ Plan
Netflix is currently piloting a new streaming plan for its customers known as Rs 299 Mobile+ plan. Just like the Rs 199 mobile-only plan, this pack will be also available for mobile devices. This means you cannot use this Netflix account on big screens like Smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, laptops, and more. Interestingly, the mobile-only plan might come with high definition streaming option. The regular Rs 199 plan only offers SD streaming of content on Netflix.
Netflix Basic Rs 499 plan
If you happen to operate Netflix on many devices apart from your phone, then the Rs 499 plan is the one for you. The only caveat is that at any given point of time, Netflix can be operated only on a single screen. Content is available in SD or HD resolution depending on your connectivity speeds. The annual fee for the plan is Rs 5,988.
Netflix Standard Rs 649 plan
Unlike the Rs. 499 plan, which allows you to stream content on only one device at a time, the Rs. 649 plan allows you to stream content on two devices (screens) simultaneously. Annual fees for the plan is Rs 7,788.
Netflix Premium Rs 799 plan
The Rs 799 plan is kind of a family plan wherein the account can be accessed on four screens at a time. All content can be streamed in HD or SD and the annual subscription cost for the plan is Rs 9,588.
Netflix new Rs 349 plan
Apart from these plans, Netflix is also testing a cheaper plan that could be priced at Rs 349, which is cheaper than the basic plan that costs you Rs 499 per month. This new plan reportedly works on a mobile phone, tablet, and even computer/laptop, but not on TV sets. First spotted by AndroidPure, the new plan will suit users who are seeking to stream HD content on any of the above-said devices.
Netflix Price in India, Number of Screens
|Netflix Plans (Monthly Price)||Price per year||Features|
|Rs 199 Mobile-only plan||Rs 2388||1-screen support, HD content, mobile-only|
|Rs 499 Basic plan||Rs 5988||1-screen support, HD content, access across all platforms|
|Rs 649 Standard plan||Rs 7788||2-screen support, HD content, access across all platforms|
|Rs 799 Premium plan||Rs 9588||4-screen support, HD content, access across all platforms|
Netflix Subscription Bundle Offers
Currently, Reliance Jio and Vodafone Idea is offering a Netflix bundle offer for its postpaid customers. Furthermore, you also get a free Netflix subscription with a Reliance JioFiber connection as well. Let’s check it out:
Reliance Jio Netflix Bundle Plans
Reliance Jio Postpaid Plus plans bring bundled Netflix (mobile plan) subscriptions for its customers. Take a look.
- Rs 399 Jio Postpaid Plus plan: The plan offers 75GB of data, unlimited voice calls, 100 SMS/day, a subscription to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar VIP, and 200GB of data rollover facility.
- Rs 599 Jio Postpaid Plus Plan: The postpaid plan comes with 100 GB of data, unlimited voice calls, one additional SIM, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar, and a 200GB rollover facility.
- Rs 799 Jio Postpaid Plus plan: The pack gives you Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar subscriptions, 100 SMS/day, 150GB of data, unlimited voice calls, two additional SIMs, and a 200GB data rollover facility.
- Rs 999 Jio Postpaid Plus Plan: The postpaid plan from Reliance Jio brings 200GB of data per month, three additional SIMs, 500GB of data rollover, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+ Hotstar subscriptions, unlimited voice calls, and 100 SMS per day.
- Rs 1,499 Jio Postpaid Plus plan: The plan offers 300GB of data, unlimited voice calls, 100 SMS/day, a subscription to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar VIP, 500GB of data rollover facility, and international roaming in the USA and UAE.
Vodafone Idea (Vi) Netflix Bundle Plans
Vodafone Idea (Vi) currently offers only one bundled Netflix plan for its postpaid customers.
- Rs 1,099 Vodafone Idea postpaid plan: The pack gives you unlimited voice calls, one year of Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+ Hotstar subscriptions, Vi Movies and TV VIP subscription, 100 SMS per day, 7-day international roaming pack worth Rs 2999 once a year, and international domestic lounge access four times in a year.
Reliance JioFiber Netflix Bundle Plans
Reliance JioFiber also brings you a free subscription to Netflix for all its broadband customers. Here’s what you need to know:
- Rs 1,499 JioFiber broadband plan: The pack offers 300Mbps of internet speeds, unlimited data, and free voice calls. It also offers Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, SonyLIV, ZEE5, Sun NXT, Voot Select, Voot Kids, ALT Balaji, Hoichoi, ShemarooMe, Lionsgate Play, Dicovery+, Eros Now, JioCinema, and JioSavan subscriptions.
- Rs 2,499 JioFiber broadband plan: The broadband pack comes with 500Mbps of upload and download speeds along with unlimited data and free voice calls. It also offers Netflix (standard), Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, SonyLIV, ZEE5, Sun NXT, Voot Select, Voot Kids, ALT Balaji, Hoichoi, ShemarooMe, Lionsgate Play, Dicovery+, Eros Now, JioCinema, and JioSavan subscriptions.
- Rs 3,999 JioFiber broadband plan: The pack comes with 1Gbps of internet speed, unlimited data benefits, and unlimited voice calls. The plan also includes Netflix (Standard), Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, SonyLIV, ZEE5, Sun NXT, Voot Select, Voot Kids, ALT Balaji, Hoichoi, ShemarooMe, Lionsgate Play, Dicovery+, Eros Now, JioCinema, and JioSavan subscriptions.
- Rs 8,499 JioFiber broadband plan: The plan brings 1Gbps of internet speeds along with free voice calls. The pack also offers a 6,600GB of FUP limit for each month. Apart from this, you will get Netflix (Premium), Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, SonyLIV, ZEE5, Sun NXT, Voot Select, Voot Kids, ALT Balaji, Hoichoi, ShemarooMe, Lionsgate Play, Dicovery+, Eros Now, JioCinema, and JioSavan subscriptions.
How to subscribe to Netflix?
To subscribe, you will have to open the Netflix app or go Netflix’s website and choose any of the plans which are listed. After that, create a new Netflix ID, fill out the payment details and you will get one month at Rs 5 after which you can either cancel the subscription or continue with subsequent payments for whichever plan you’ve chosen.
How to get free Netflix premium subscription?
If you are a Reliance Jio customer, you can get Netflix for free by subscribing to Jio PostPaid Plus plans. The operator is offering free Netflix subscription with its range of Jio PostPaid Plus plans. These include Rs 399, Rs 599, Rs 799, Rs 999 and Rs 1,499. Apart from this, you will also get free Amazon Prime and Disney+ Hostar VIP subscriptions. Moreover, one can also get free Netflix subscription with JioFiber broadband connection. The company has revealed that customers opting for JioFiber plans of Rs 999 or above will get free Netflix subscription. Moreover, Vi (formerly known as Vodafone Idea) is also offering access to Netflix for free with its RedX postpaid plan. The postpaid plan comes with a price tag of Rs 1,099 per month.
How to delete your Netflix account?
If you are unhappy with your Netflix subscription you have the option of cancelling your subscription. The cancellation will happen only via a web browser. Just open Netflix on your internet browser, go to account settings, and click on cancel your subscription. If you cancel your subscription mid-way, you will be allowed to view Netflix for the remainder of the month.
How to download content on Netflix?
You may want to view content on Netflix without the constant worry of buffering. You can download most of Netflix’s library offline and view them even when there is no internet connection. Just hit the download button which is symbolized as a downward pointing arrow below all your content. There is, of course, a limit on downloads and also the fact that not all content on Netflix is available for download. Apart from that, all downloaded content can only be viewed on your app.
There is also an option for smart downloads which will automatically download the next 2-3 episodes when you are watching a TV series and delete those episodes that you’ve watched.
How to turn on subtitles on Netflix?
While playing your content, there will be an option labeled Audio and Subtitles. Clicking on that will reveal the audio languages the content is available in and also the option to turn on/off the subtitles.
Is 50GB enough for streaming Netflix?
Netflix offers a host of different ways through which you can maximise your viewing experience even with limited data. One can watch in Auto, Low, Medium, and High. The low setting will provide basic video quality with up to 0.3GB per hour, while Medium comes with up to 0.7GB per hour and High delivers up to 3GB per hour for HD and up to 7GB per hour for Ultra. On average, if you watch 60 hours of video content on Netflix in medium quality, it will consume roughly 42GB to 50GB of data per month. However, if you stream high-quality content, it is advisable to upgrade your data limit.
How many people can use Netflix Rs 199 plan?
The Netflix Rs 199 is the basic mobile-only plan from the streaming giant. The company has revealed that members will be able to enjoy all of Netflix’s content in standard definition (SD) on one smartphone or tablet at a time.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page