Netflix is one of the biggest OTT platforms in the world, with millions of users streaming multitude of Netflix shows every second. However, it started showing a huge decline in its user base recently. The company introduced a new ad-supported plan to cope with the decline. The Indian market is not at all different. For a long time, Netflix failed to captivate the Indian market mainly due to its over-the-top pricing of Netflix subscription plans. Other OTT platforms such as Amazon Prime Video and Disney Plus Hotstar offer yearly plans at a cheaper price.
In this article, we will talk about the Netflix plans best for you and offers that you can use to get these subscriptions at a lower price or free. Netflix offers a free subscription with a few Reliance Jio prepaid plans. We’ve compiled all the details here so you can pick the one that best suits your needs.
Netflix Subscription Plans 2022: Price in India, Benefits
Currently, Netflix has four plans in the country. These plans start at Rs 149 and go up to Rs 649. Each plan offers a different number of screens on which content can be viewed simultaneously. Here’s a list of all the plans that Netflix has to offer you:
- Netflix Rs 149 mobile-only plan
- Netflix Basic Rs 199 plan
- Netflix Standard Rs 499 plan
- Netflix Premium Rs 649 plan
Netflix Rs 149 mobile-only plan
As the name of this plan suggests, you can only use it to access Netflix on a smartphone or tablet. The company announced this plan last year after its entry-level plan of Rs 199 proved too costly for users. The Rs 149 mobile-only plan allows for content to be viewed on only 1 screen at a time. As it’s mobile-only, you will not be able to use your Netflix account with this plan on Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast or any other big-screen gadget which includes laptops and iPads. Content can only be streamed on 480p. This plan is definitely useful if you prefer to consume all your content via just your mobile phone. Annually, you will end up paying Rs 1,788 for this mobile plan.
Netflix Basic Rs 199 plan
If you happen to operate Netflix on many devices apart from your phone such as a tablet, computer or TV, then the Rs 199 plan is the one for you. The only caveat is that at any given point in time, Netflix will only operate on a single screen. Content is available in SD resolution only. The annual cost for the plan is Rs 2,388.
Netflix Standard Rs 499 plan
Unlike the Rs 199 plan, which allows you to stream content on only one device at a time, the Rs 499 plan allows you to stream content on two devices (screens) simultaneously at 1080p Full HD resolution. The annual cost for the plan is Rs 5,988.
Netflix Premium Rs 649 plan
The Rs 649 plan is a kind of family plan wherein the account can be accessed on four screens at a time. All content can be streamed in Ultra HD (4K) and the annual subscription cost for the plan is Rs 7,788.
Netflix Price in India, Number of Screens
|Netflix Plans (Monthly Price)||Price per year||Features|
|Rs 149 Mobile-only plan||Rs 1,788||1-screen support, SD content, access on mobile and tablet|
|Rs 199 Basic plan||Rs 2,388||1-screen support, SD content, access on mobile, tablet, laptop and TV|
|Rs 499 Standard plan||Rs 5,988||2-screen support, Full HD content, access on mobile, tablet, laptop and TV|
|Rs 649 Premium plan||Rs 7,788||4-screen support, Ultra HD (4K) content, access on mobile, tablet, laptop and TV|
Netflix Ad-Supported Plans
Netflix launched its ad-supported plan in October this year to offer its content to more users at an affordable price. Although the service is yet to start in India, it is available in 12 countries at a price of $6.99 (roughly Rs 575). The ads plan is available in the US, UK, Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain and Korea. In the Netflix ad-supported plan, users can expect about 4 to 5 minutes of ads per hour which will vary based on the title. Each ad will be 15 to 30 seconds long. Users can pause ads but will not be able to skip or fast-forward them.
Netflix Subscription Bundle Offers
Currently, Reliance Jio and Vodafone Idea are offering a Netflix bundle offer to their postpaid customers. Furthermore, you can also get a free Netflix subscription with a Reliance JioFiber connection as well. Check it out:
Reliance Jio Netflix Bundle Plans
Reliance Jio Postpaid Plus plans bring bundled Netflix (mobile plan) subscriptions to its customers. Take a look.
- Rs 399 Jio Postpaid Plus plan: The plan offers 75GB of data, unlimited voice calls, 100 SMS/day, a subscription to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar VIP, and 200GB of data rollover facility.
- Rs 599 Jio Postpaid Plus Plan: The postpaid plan comes with 100GB of data, unlimited voice calls, one additional SIM, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar, and a 200GB rollover facility.
- Rs 799 Jio Postpaid Plus plan: The pack gives you Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar subscriptions, 100 SMS/day, 150GB of data, unlimited voice calls, two additional SIMs, and a 200GB data rollover facility.
- Rs 999 Jio Postpaid Plus Plan: The postpaid plan from Reliance Jio brings 200GB of data per month, three additional SIMs, 500GB of data rollover, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+ Hotstar subscriptions, unlimited voice calls, and 100 SMS per day.
- Rs 1,499 Jio Postpaid Plus plan: The plan offers 300GB of data, unlimited voice calls, 100 SMS/day, a subscription to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar VIP, 500GB of data rollover facility, and international roaming in the USA and UAE.
Airtel Netflix Bundle Plans
Airtel is also offering a host of interesting postpaid plans that come with a free Netflix subscription. Here’s what you need to know:
- Rs 1,199 Airtel Postpaid Plan: The Airtel postpaid plan comes loaded with 150GB of data for one month. It also supports a data rollover facility. The plan comes with unlimited voice calls and 100 SMS per day. It brings Netflix’s Basic subscription for free and offers free Amazon Prime subscription, Disney+ Hotstar Mobile, and more.
- Rs 1,499 Airtel postpaid plan: The pack comes with 200GB of data per month. The postpaid plan offers 100 SMS per day and features unlimited voice calls. The plan also provides free access to Netflix (Standard), along with a free Amazon Prime subscription and Disney+ Hotstar Mobile.
Reliance Jio Fiber Netflix Bundle Plans
Reliance JioFiber also brings you a free subscription to Netflix for all its broadband customers. Here’s what you need to know:
- Rs 1,499 JioFiber broadband plan: The pack offers 300Mbps of internet speeds, unlimited data, and free voice calls. It also offers Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, SonyLIV, ZEE5, Sun NXT, Voot Select, Voot Kids, ALT Balaji, Hoichoi, ShemarooMe, Lionsgate Play, Dicovery+, Eros Now, JioCinema, and JioSavan subscriptions.
- Rs 2,499 JioFiber broadband plan: The broadband pack comes with 500Mbps of upload and download speeds along with unlimited data and free voice calls. It also offers Netflix (standard), Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, SonyLIV, ZEE5, Sun NXT, Voot Select, Voot Kids, ALT Balaji, Hoichoi, ShemarooMe, Lionsgate Play, Dicovery+, Eros Now, JioCinema, and JioSavan subscriptions.
- Rs 3,999 JioFiber broadband plan: The pack comes with 1Gbp internet speed, unlimited data benefits, and unlimited voice calls. The plan also includes Netflix (Standard), Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, SonyLIV, ZEE5, Sun NXT, Voot Select, Voot Kids, ALT Balaji, Hoichoi, ShemarooMe, Lionsgate Play, Dicovery+, Eros Now, JioCinema, and JioSavan subscriptions.
- Rs 8,499 JioFiber broadband plan: The plan brings 1Gbps of internet speeds along with free voice calls. The pack also offers a 6,600GB of FUP limit for each month. Apart from this, you will get Netflix (Premium), Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, SonyLIV, ZEE5, Sun NXT, Voot Select, Voot Kids, ALT Balaji, Hoichoi, ShemarooMe, Lionsgate Play, Dicovery+, Eros Now, JioCinema, and JioSavan subscriptions.
Tata Play DTH Netflix Bundle Plans
Tata Play has also announced a slew of DTH plans that comes bundled with a Netflix subscription. The company has introduced a range of plans that starts from Rs 849 per month and goes up to Rs 1,249 per month and more. However, it is important to note that viewers can only watch Netflix with their Tata Play Smart Binge+ set-top box. The Android streaming box offers OTT bundles along with live TV channels.
Which Subscription Plan is Best to Watch Netflix on a 55-inch TV?
If you have a 55-inch TV, then most likely it will be having support for 4K content. Moreover, the audio quality will be top-notch. Taking note of these features, the Netflix premium plan, priced at Rs 649 per month, is perfect for a 55-inch TV.
How Do You Binge Watch on Netflix?
Binge watch on Netflix is not an object but a trendy thing. When one episode finishes on Netflix, it plays the next episode without asking the user which many times lead to the end of the whole series in one night. This is called Binge watching on Netflix. Anyone can do it by completing a series in one go.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page