- Nothing Phone (1) is eligible for 3 Android version upgrades.
- The Android 14 will be the second Android version update for the Phone (1).
- Nothing Phone (1) should get Android 15 update in the future.
Nothing, back in May, released an Android 14 Beta update for the Nothing Phone (1). Now, the London-based brand has announced that the second stage of Nothing Phone (1) Android 14 developer preview program is now live. As part of the program, the company is providing users an option to upgrade their Nothing Phone (1) to Android 14 Beta 3.
To those unaware, the Nothing Phone (1) made its debut last year in July and came pre-loaded with Android 12-based NothingOS 1.0. The brand, earlier this year, rolled out Android 13-based NothingOS 1.5 for the handset. Now, Nothing Phone (1) users can update their devices to Android 14 Beta 3. Nothing took it to social media channels to make an announcement for the same. Let us take a closer look at the details.
Learn how to get involved ➡️ https://t.co/vQrDBn5iRx
— Nothing (@nothing) August 2, 2023
Nothing Phone (1) Android 14: What’s New
Nothing Phone (1) Android 14 beta update brings with it a few new pre-installed apps. The list includes Nothing Weather app and Recorder. The update also brings with it new Nothing widgets.
Nothing Phone (1) Android 14 Beta 3: How to Install
Before proceeding, Nothing Phone (1) users should ensure that their handset must be updated to the latest NothingOS version. In order to do so, users can head over to Settings > System > System update.
- Download Nothing Phone (1) Android 14 Beta 3 update package.
- Go to the File Manager app and create a new folder “ota” in the device’s internal storage directory.
- Copy the downloaded Android 14 Beta 3 update package to this newly created “ota” folder.
- Head over to the Phone app and dial the following code: *#*#682#*#*
- Post this, the local update tool should open. Select the downloaded Android 13 Beta 3 firmware from the drop-down list that appears. In case the downloaded file doesn’t show up under the folder “ota“, click on the Reload button. Alternatively, users can also use the browse button to select the Android 13 Beta 3 update package.
- Now click on “Directly apply OTA from selection” to start updating.
- After the process completes, reboot the device.
Nothing Phone (1) Android 14 Beta 3: Things to Note
Nothing has shared a list of issues that Nothing Phone (1) users will encounter post updating their device to Android 14 Beta 3. Nothing Phone (1) users will not be able to register fingerprints. Also, several features such as face unlock, Glyph and battery sharing won’t be available after upgrading to Android 13 Beta 3.
Also, Nothing Phone (1) users will not be able to use portrait mode and slow motion features in the camera apps. Apart from that, Nothing Weather and Nothing X apps won’t be pre-installed on the Android 13 Beta 3 build.
Nothing, a couple of months ago, announced that it would roll out the NothingOS 2.0 update for the Nothing Phone (1) by the end of August. The company reiterates the same in the latest social media post.
And that's not all.
Mark your calendars as Nothing OS 2.0 will be coming to Phone (1) users before the end of August.
— Nothing (@nothing) August 2, 2023
Nothing Phone (1): Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.55-inch OLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, Full HD+ (2400 × 1080 pixel) resolution, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 10-bit colours, 1200 nits peak brightness, HDR10+, and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G+ with Adreno 642L GPU
- Memory and Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage and 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Software: Nothing OS 1.5, based on Android 13, Upgradable to Android 14
- Cameras: 50MP Sony IMX766 sensor with OIS, 50MP Samsung ISOCELL JN1 sensor with ultra-wide-angle functionality
- Front Camera: 16MP Sony IMX471 sensor
- Battery: 4500mAh battery
- Charging: 33W fast charging, USB Type-C charging port, 15W Qi wireless charging, 5W reverse wireless charging
- Dimensions: 159.2 × 75.8 × 8.3mm
- Weight: 193.5g
- Audio: Stereo speakers
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner
- Others: IP53 splash resistant
- Colour Options: White and Black