- OPPO will debut OPPO Pad Air 2 in China on November 23.
- The upcoming tablet will be the successor to the OPPO Pad Air.
- OPPO will likely rebrand the OnePlus Pad Go tablet in China under the Pad Air 2 moniker.
OPPO debuted the OPPO Pad 2 tablet on March 2023 in China. The tablet was later spotted on multiple global certification websites, including Malaysia’s SIRIM website. OPPO rebranded the OnePlus Pad, which debuted in India along with the OnePlus 11 series smartphone under the Pad 2 branding. The Chinese giant recently confirmed that it will debut OPPO Pad Air 2 on November 23 in China.
OPPO has already scheduled an event on the same day in China to debut the OPPO Reno 11 series smartphones. The OEM has been teasing various specifications of the upcoming OPPO Reno 11 series smartphones and Pad Air 2 tablet. A recent report claimed that OPPO will rebrand the OnePlus Pad Go, which debuted on October 2023 in India. The tablet was a trimmed-down variant of the OnePlus Pad to target customers under Rs 20,000.
The latest teaser shared by OPPO on its Weibo post confirms the display specifications of the upcoming Pad Air 2 tablet. OPPO reveals that the tablet will feature an LCD display with a 2.4K resolution. The company claims that the 2.4K resolution panel is a step up from other products in the industry with 2K resolution. The step up in the resolution will help the users to offer a better viewing experience.
OPPO also claims that the tablet can filter over 60% of harmful rays, which will help protect users’ eyes. The teasers shared by the brand also confirm that the tablet will be equipped with intelligent color temperature adjustment to ensure further eye protection. The teasers also reveal large bezels on all sides of the display, similar to the OnePlus Pad Go.
The press renders shared by popular tipster Evan Blass reveal a similar design on the rear. The only visible change is the addition of OPPO branding instead of OnePlus branding. Digital Chat Station confirmed that OPPO will equip the tablet with MediaTek Helio G99 SoC. The chipset will likely pair with 8GB RAM and up to 128 / 256GB storage.
OPPO will likely equip the tablet with an 11.35-inch IPS LCD panel with a 1720 x 2408 pixels resolution. The display will support a 90Hz refresh rate and a peak brightness of 400 nits. The tablet will be equipped with 8MP cameras on the front and rear. OPPO will include a large 8000mAh battery with 33W fast charging support.
OPPO Pad Air 2 Expected Specifications
- Display: 11.35-inch display, 400 nits brightness, 2.4K resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, 260 PPI pixel density, 86.40% screen-to-body ratio.
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G99 SoC, Mali-G57 MP2 GPU.
- RAM and Storage: 8GB RAM, 128/256GB storage.
- Software: Color OS 13.2 based on Android 13.
- Rear Camera: 8MP.
- Front Camera: 8MP.
- Battery: 8,000mAh, 33W fast charging.
- Connectivity: LTE support (optional), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v5.2, USB Type-C port.
- Other Features: Dolby Atmos support, Face unlock.