- Redmi 12 5G will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 SoC.
- The smartphone will come with a flat-edge design.
- This could be one of the cheapest 5G smartphones by Redmi.
Xiaomi is gearing up to launch the Redmi 12 series and the Redmi Watch 3 Active in the Indian market. As per the announcement, the Redmi 12 and Redmi Watch 3 will make their debut on August 1 in the country. Xiaomi, yesterday, on social media platforms shared a teaser saying that there will be little surprise in the upcoming event. The teaser showcased the Redmi 12, Redmi Watch 3 Active, and a mystery smartphone.
It appears that the mystery smartphone is the Redmi 12 5G as the Redmi 12 5G launch banner has surfaced on the e-commerce website – Amazon. The Redmi 12 5G banner on Amazon showcases the device with the Redmi logo and flat edges. The banner showcases the upcoming device in the Moonstone Silver colour option, similar to the Redmi 12. Let us take a closer look at the details.
Recently, Redmi 12 and Redmi 12 5G configuration options and India pricing surfaced on the web. As per the tipster, the Redmi 12 5G will come in 6GB + 128GB and 8GB + 256GB configuration options. The Redmi 12 5G India pricing is tipped to start from Rs 13,999.
The Redmi 12 5G with model number 23076RN4BI was spotted on the Geekbench last week. The Geekbench listing revealed that the Redmi 12 5G will be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 processor and 8GB of RAM. The tipster Kacper Skrzypek had earlier revealed that the Redmi 12 5G will be a rebranded Redmi Note 12R from China.
To those unaware, the Redmi Note 12R was announced last month in the Chinese market and is the first Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2-powered smartphone in the world. Let us take a quick recap of Redmi Note 12R (alleged Redmi 12 5G) specifications and features.
Redmi Note 12R: Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.79-inch LCD display with 90Hz refresh rate, Full HD+ (2460 x 1080 Pixel) resolution, 550nits peak brightness, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1500: 1 contrast ratio, and centred punch hole notch
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 SoC with Adreno 613 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.2 internal storage with 4GB / 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Software: Android 13-based MIUI 14
- Cameras: 50MP primary camera with 2MP depth sensor and LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP Selfie Camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAh battery, 18W fast charging, USB Type-C port
- Audio: Hi-Res audio, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 168.6 × 76.28 × 8.17 mm
- Weight: 199 grams
- Others: Infrared remote control, IP53 splash-resistant
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 5G, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou
- Colour Options: Midnight Black, Time Blue, Sky Illusion
The Redmi Note 12R pricing starts at RMB 1099 (approx Rs 12,500) in China. The Redmi Note 12R in 6GB + 128GB and 8GB + 256GB configuration options costs RMB 1199 (approx Rs 13,700) and RMB 1799 (approx Rs 20,500) respectively.