- Xiaomi will debut Redmi 13C 5G and 4G on December 6 in India.
- The 5G variant of the device will also launch in the international markets on the same day.
- Xiaomi has revealed the chipset details of the Redmi 13C 5G smartphone.
Xiaomi has announced the launch of the Redmi 13C smartphone in India. The company later confirmed that the device will be launched in 4G and 5G variants in India. Redmi 13C 5G is also confirmed to debut in the global markets on the same day. Xiaomi debuted the 4G variant of the smartphone in the international markets. A 91Mobiles report revealed that Xiaomi will debut the 4G variant of the device in the Indian market with a different chipset.
The upcoming Redmi smartphone will be the last launch from Xiaomi for the year 2023. The micro-site of the device is already live on Amazon India and Xiaomi’s websites ahead of the debut on December 6 in India. The latest teaser shared by the brand confirms that the 5G variant of the Redmi 13C smartphone will be equipped with MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ SoC.
The chipset is built on a 6nm process and features two Cortex-A76 cores at 2.2GHz, six Cortex-A55 cores at 2.0GHz, and a Mali-G57 MP2 GPU. The micro-site confirms that the device will launch in Stardust Black and Star Shine Green colour options. The upcoming Redmi smartphone is also confirmed to debut with a 50MP primary rear camera.
The primary camera will be paired with two other sensors and an LED flash. The power button and volume rockers will be placed on the right side of the smartphone. The left side of the device is empty except for the SIM card tray. The micro-site doesn’t reveal any other specifications of the upcoming Redmi 13C 5G and 4G smartphones.
To recall, Xiaomi launched the Redmi 13C 4G smartphone at Nigerian Naira 98,100 (approx. Rs 10,200) for the base variant with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage. The higher variants with 6GB + 128GB and 8GB + 256GB configurations are priced at Nigerian Naira 108,100 (approx. Rs 11,200) and Nigerian Naira 121,100 (approx. Rs 12,500). Xiaomi is expected to debut the 4G variant under the Poco C65 moniker in specific markets.
Redmi 13C 4G Expected Specifications
- Display: 6.74-inch display, HD+ (1600 × 720 pixel) resolution, 260ppi pixel density, 90Hz refresh rate, 450nits peak brightness, waterdrop notch, and Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G99 SoC, Mali-G57 MP2 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB/ 6GB/ 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, up to 8GB extended RAM, 128GB / 256GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, a dedicated micro-SD card slot (expandable up to 1TB)
- Software: MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- Rear Cameras: 50MP primary camera, 2MP macro lens, an auxiliary sensor, and an LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP selfie camera
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAh battery, 18W fast charging, 10W in-box charger
- Dimensions and Weight: 168 × 78 × 8.09mm, 192 grams
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, GPS, Glonass, Galileo, and BeiDou
- Colour Options: Glacier White, Clover Green, Midnight Black, and Navy Blue
- Others: USB Type-C charging port, Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, 3.5mm audio jack