- Xiaomi has launched the MIX Fold 3 in China.
- The device is equipped with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC.
- MIX Fold 3 features a quad-rear camera setup tuned by Leica.
Xiaomi President Lei Jun confirmed in July that Xiaomi will launch Xiaomi MIX Fold 3 in August in China. Lei Jun added that the Fold 3 will be the first device to be manufactured in the new smart factory built in Beijing, China. The company later confirmed that the device will launch on August 14 along with Redmi K60 Ultra, Xiaomi Pad 6 Max and Xiaomi Band 8 Pro.
Xiaomi has unveiled all of these products in the launch event hosted in China. The company will launch Redmi K60 Ultra soon in the global markets under the Xiaomi 13T Pro moniker. Xiaomi will also launch Xiaomi Band 8 Pro in the global market. There is no information about the global launch of the Xiaomi MIX Fold 3 and Xiaomi Pad 6 Max, which will likely be limited to the Chinese markets.
Xiaomi MIX Fold 3: Pricing, Availability
Xiaomi has launched Xiaomi MIX Fold 3 in Moon Shadow Black and Xingyao Gold colour options. The company has priced the base variant of the device with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage at CMB 8,999 (approx. Rs 1,03,100) and CMB 9,999 (approx. Rs 1,14,550) for the 16GB + 512GB variant.
The top-end variant with 16GB RAM and 1TB storage is priced at CMB 10,999 (approx. Rs 1,26,750). Xiaomi has also launched the device with a Dragon Scale Fiber rear panel variant. The company claims that the Dragon Scale Fiber is much stronger than glass.
Xiaomi MIX Fold 3: Features, Specifications
Xiaomi has equipped MIX Fold 3 with an 8.03-inch foldable E6 AMOLED LTPO display with a 2K resolution. The foldable device has a secondary 6.56-inch AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. The company uses ultra-thin flexible glass for the inner display, which is 2.25 times stronger and can withstand over 5,00,000 folds as per TÜV Rheinland certification. The display gets Corning Gorilla Victus 2 protection for the outer and UTG protection for the inner display.
Under the hood, the device features the octa-core flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Leading Version SoC, built on a 4nm process. The company claims the device has a thickness of 4.93mm when unfolded and 9.8mm when folded. Xiaomi equips the smartphone with a quad rear camera setup which is tuned by Leica. The primary, telephoto and periscope lenses get Optical Image Stabilisation and Leica Vario-Summicron lenses. The smartphone features a rectangular camera cut-out with Leica branding and LED flash.
Xiaomi MIX Fold 3 is backed by a 4800mAh battery with three dedicated power surge chipsets. The company founder claims that the device offered an impressive battery life of 8 hours and 20 minutes when a white image was continuously displayed on the screen at a brightness of 500 nits. Xiaomi claims that the device offers a 52% better battery performance. Xiaomi adds that the device can last up to 1.38 days on a single charge.
- Display: 8.03-inch foldable AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, 2K resolution, a peak brightness of 2600 nits, 6.56-inch cover AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, FHD+ resolution
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Leading Version, Adreno 740 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 12GB / 16GB of LPDRR5X RAM, 256GB / 512GB / 1TB UFS 4.0 internal storage
- Software: MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- Rear Camera: 50MP Sony IMX 800 primary camera with OIS, f/1.77 aperture, 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 10MP telephoto lens with OIS, f/2.0 aperture, 3.2X optical zoom, 10MP periscope lens with OIS, f/2.92 aperture, 5x optical zoom
- Front Camera: 20MP Sony IMX 596 sensor
- Battery: 4800mAh, 67W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C port, NFC