Google has announced a couple of new updates to the Google Pay application in India today at the Google for India 2021 event. The search engine giant has announced support for Hinglish language on the Google Pay app. Also soon, in India, Google Pay will get a new feature that will allow users to split bills and expenses within the app itself. Let’s take a look at the new features in detail.
How To Split Bills and Expenses Easily Using Google Pay
Announced at Google for India 2021 event, soon Google Pay app will allow users in India to split bills and expenses of shopping, food, or any other payments. Here is how you can split bills with your friends or family members.
- Select an existing group from the home screen or create a new group by tapping on “New payment”
- Select “Split an expense”
- Allocate group members share
- Click on “Send request”
- Once this is done, Google Pay will keep track of all the payments
How you can create a group on Google Pay
- To create a group, click on “New payment” on the home screen
- Select “New group”
- Select the members you want to add to the group
- Enter the group name and create
Once this is done, you can start splitting the bills and expenses. Google Pay split bill feature will be coming to India later this year.
Further, Google Pay is also getting support for the Hinglish language which is basically a mix of Hindi and English. This is an attempt by Google to make these interactions even more intuitive and natural via Google Pay. Also, in the future, the app will get speech to text support that allows users to use voice input to pay directly to another user’s bank account.
Users will be able to voice account numbers in Hindi or English into the app to enter the account number, which is then confirmed with the sender before initiating the payment.