OnePlus has finally started rolling out Android 11 update for its 2018 flagship devices – the OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 6T. The company rolled out Android 11-based first open beta updates to these handsets last month. Just two days back OnePlus also seeded out third beta update to the OnePlus 6/6T. And now ahead of the promised schedule OnePlus is bringing the stable OxygenOS 11 update based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 6/6T. The stable Android 11 update for these devices brings in new OxygenOS 11 features, fresh UI design, new shelf design with smart animation, updates to the camera UI, and a lot of new changes.
OnePlus 6/6T Android 11 Update Starts Rolling Out
OnePlus mentions in a blog post that the Android 11 update rollout for the OnePlus 6/6T is happening in stages. This does mean that only a limited number of users initially will receive this update. The company should widen the reach of the update when it makes sure that the stable Android 11 build doesn’t contain any critical bugs. Speaking about the new features you get in Android 11-based OxygenOS 11, OnePlus has refreshed the UI design, updated camera UI, added a shortcut for Dark Mode, and has brought in Insight clock style, Canvas feature, and a bunch of improvements to Game Space. Here’s the full changelog of the new release below:
OnePlus 6/6T Android 11 Update Changelog
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
Do let us know in the comments below if you have received the Android 11 update on your OnePlus 6/6T.