- TECNO debuts the TECNO Phantom V Flip smartphone globally.
- The device is the cheapest clamshell smartphone worldwide.Â
- TECNO has also announced the early bid sale dates for India.Â
TECNO recently confirmed the launch of its first clamshell smartphone, i.e., the TECNO Phantom V Flip. The Transsion Holdings-owned company debuted its first clamshell smartphone globally at the TECNO Flagship Product Launch 2023 event hosted in Singapore. TECNO has also debuted the TECNO Megabook T1 laptop along with the smartphone in the event.
The OEM claims the device is the cheapest clamshell smartphone in the industry. The newly debuted device will compete against the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5, OPPO Find N2 Flip, and Moto Razr 40 smartphone. To recall, the TECNO Phantom V Fold debuted at the MWC 2023 event and was the first foldable smartphone from TECNO.
TECNO Phantom V Flip: Pricing, Availability
TECNO has launched its first clamshell smartphone in Mystic Dawn and Iconic Black colour options. The OEM debuted the smartphone in a single memory variant with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage. The company has priced the smartphone at Rs 49,999 in India for the early bid sale of the device. TECNO adds that the early bid sale of the device will go live on 12 PM, October 1. The company is yet to reveal the regular pricing of the device in India.
TECNO Phantom V Flip: Features, Specifications
TECNO equips the TECNO Phantom V Flip smartphone with a flexible 6.9-inch AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution. The flexible AMOLED display has an adaptive refresh rate ranging from 10Hz to 120Hz and a peak brightness of 1000 nits. The OEM equips its first clamshell smartphone with a 1.32-inch AMOLED cover display.
TECNO has integrated the circular cover AMOLED display within the large camera module. The company reveals that it has used a combination of high-strength, ultra-thin glass, and a self-developed drop-shaped hinge to offer a crease-free experience. TECNO equips the device with a premium leather back panel to match the current industry trend.
TECNO divulges in the press release that the secondary AMOLED cover screen supports Always-On Display and can access notifications, weather updates, and more. Under the hood, the Phantom V Flip features MediaTek Dimensity 8050 SoC, built on a 6nm process. The chipset has one Cortex-A78 core at 3.0GHz, three Cortex-A78 cores at 2.6GHz, four Cortex-A55 cores at 2.0GHz, and a Mali-G77 MP9 GPU.
TECNO adds that the device has scored over 7lakhs in AnTuTu benchmarks and supports 14 5G bands. The chipset pairs with 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 8GB virtual RAM, and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. TECNO equips the device with a dual rear camera setup integrated with an LED flash. The device features a 64MP RGBW primary sensor with f/1.7 aperture and a secondary 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens with a 120-degree field of view.
TECNO equips the clamshell device with a 32MP sensor with f/2.45 aperture in the centered punch-hole. The sensor is also assisted with a dual micro slit flashlight placed on the top of the device. The smartphone is backed by a 4000mAh battery with 45W fast charging tech. The device has Hi-Res certified stereo speakers, ultra-thin VC liquid cooling, NFC, and more.
- Display: 6.9-inch AMOLED display, Full HD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 1000 nits peak brightness
- Cover Display: 1.32-inch AMOLED display
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 8050 SoC, Mali-G77 MP9 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 8GB LPDDR5X RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage
- Rear Cameras: 64MP primary camera, f/1.7 aperture, 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens
- Front-facing camera: 32MP sensor, f/2.45 aperture
- Battery: 4,000mAh, 45W wired fast charging
- Dimensions and Weight: 171.72 x 74.05 x 6.95mm (Unfold), 88.77 x 74.05 x 14.95mm(Fold)
- Colours: Mystic Dawn, Iconic Black
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC
- Others: Stereo Speakers powered by Hi-Res, Ultra-Thin VC Liquid Cooling, Cover screen quick reply, Ella GPT 3.0