The government has introduced a new feature to the Aarogya Setu application. The government has added the ability for individuals to update their COVID-19 vaccination status manually. You can take a self-assessment process to update your vaccination status. This will make it easier if you are planning to travel across the country. The new feature will show whether you have taken one COVID-19 vaccine or completed the two doses (either Covishield or Covaxin). Those who have taken the first dose will get ‘partially vaccinated’ status, while those who have taken both doses will get ‘Vaccinated’ status. In this article, we are going to show you how to manually update your vaccination status on the Aarogya Setu application and get blue ticks.
How to Update Covid Vaccination Status For Self on Aarogya Setu App
The government has introduced a self-assessment feature in the Aarogya Setu application that will allow individuals to update the Covid-19 vaccination status by themselves. The whole process is fairly simple and you need to follow these steps:
- Download and install the Aarogya Setu app on your Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Login to the app and follow the self-assessment to complete the process.
- Then, users will see an option to update the Vaccination Status in the application.
- Users need to take the self-assessment. Once the process is finished, users who have taken one dose (either Covishield or Covaxin) will get ‘partially vaccinated’ status and the ones who have both the will get ‘vaccinated’ status.
However, it is important to note that the status will be updated based on the declaration provided by the individual during the self-assessment. You will see the unverified status in brackets for both ‘partially vaccinated’ and ‘vaccinated’ status.
How to Verify Covid Vaccination Status on Aarogya Setu App
Once you are done with the self-assessment, you can also verify the details with the CoWIN platform. In order to do that, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the Aarogya Setu application and click on the “Partially Vaccinated (unverified) / vaccinated (unverified)” tab.
- You will be asked to login to the CoWIN platform. Choose the number that you have registered with CoWIN platform.
- Click on Proceed to Verify and an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on Proceed to Verify to get the details from the CoWIN platform.
- You will see the details of the vaccination, select it and click on Proceed.
- The Aarogya Setu app will then fetch the details and you need to tap on Confirm to get the profile updated.
- Once done, the unverified claim will be removed. A partially vaccinated tab will be displayed for users who have taken only the first dose and Vaccinated will be for users who have taken both doses.
How to Update Vaccination Status for Others on Aarogya Setu App
The CoWIN platform allows individuals to register up to 4 people for vaccination. With this, one can register their family and friends. That said, people who have registered with the CoWIN using their mobile number can still do self-assessment. One needs to follow the above-mentioned steps to get self-assessment done. Once that is complete, click on vaccination status and then add the number which is registered with the CoWIN platform. Users will then need to enter the OTP and then select his/her profile from the list. With this, the vaccination status will be confirmed from the CoWIN backend and the same will be updated on the Aarogya Setu app.
Why You Need to Update Vaccination Status on Aarogya Setu App
Updating your vaccination status on the Aarogya Setu application will fetch your blue ticks and blue shields. Individuals who have taken one will get one blue tick and users who have taken both doses will get two blue ticks. Furthermore, after the 14 days of the second dose of the vaccine, users will get a complete blue screen with a status depicting ‘You are Vaccinated’. This will help people to travel across different states and one can even travel internationally by showing the Aarogya Setu application. Furthermore, one can also download the vaccination certificate from the application any time they want.