WhatsApp Messenger is one of the most extensively used applications across the globe. Whether it be chatting with friends, sending some urgent documents to a colleague or simply video calling your closest friends or family members, WhatsApp Messenger has made a special place in our lives. The platform has a host of interesting features like showing the online status of a user, and more.
However, there are times when you just need to go invisible on WhatsApp. There are times when you need to hide your online status when using WhatsApp. Or just want to avoid someone to see your ‘Last Seen’ on the platform. So, if you are looking for solutions for these problems, you have come to the right place. In this article, we are going to show you a step-by-step guide through which you can easily hide online status on WhatsApp. So, without wasting much time, here’s what you need to do.
How to Hide WhatsApp Online Status on Mobile
You can easily hide the Online Status on WhatsApp by following some easy steps. The messaging app gives you an option to hide the online status feature on both Android and iOS platforms. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to the three vertical dots in the upper right corner and Tap on Settings. iOS users can simply tap on Settings from the bottom menu.
- In the Settings menu, you will find Account. Click on it and then go to the Privacy option.
- There you will find the Last Seen option. The app gives you two options to choose from. You can choose between My Contacts and Nobody. The former will show the online status to your contacts, while the latter will not show Online status to anybody.
- Click on the ‘Nobody’ option to hide the Online status on WhatsApp messenger.
How to Hide WhatsApp Online Status on Web
WhatsApp Web does not allow you to hide your online status like the Android counterpart. However, there are some Chrome extensions that help you to hide the online status for WhatsApp Web. One such extension is WAIncognito. The extension offers a host of interesting features. To start with, it helps you to toggle on and off last seen update and Read receipts for messages on WhatsApp Web. Furthermore, it allows users to set a safety timeout that allows them to automatically send the read receipt after a certain period of time. Here’s how you can use it:
- Go to Chrome Web Store and search for WAIncognito.
- Install the extension on your Chrome browser.
- Now open the web.whatsapp.com and you will see an incognito option right next to the WhatsApp Status.
- You can select ‘Don’t Send Last Seen updates’ from the menu and it will block it easily. One can also block read receipts using this extension.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, head over to our Facebook page