The world’s largest social network has quickly become one of the biggest video streaming platforms in the world too. But what if you don’t want to stream videos? What if you want to watch them offline while you’re travelling in a car or on a train? If you’ve been watching videos on YouTube, you probably know the platform’s offline viewing feature. Facebook though doesn’t have a feature like that yet. There is, however, a way to download Facebook videos onto an Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows or Linux-based device. Here we are going to detail you the various online tools that offer Facebook video download option with easy to use interface.
Also Read: How to Change Name in Facebook: Step-by-Step Guide to Update Name or Username in Facebook
Best Ways to Download Facebook Videos on Android Mobile or iPhone
If you watch most of your content on smartphones, this is the one most relevant to you. This will allow you to watch videos when you want and how you want, without having to worry about having an active data connection. Here’s how you can download Facebook videos on Android or iOS devices.
How to Download Facebook Videos on Android Mobile?
In order to download Facebook videos on your Android device, you can download the ETM Video Downloader for Facebook application from the Google Play Store. The app allows you to download the application without much hassle. Here’s how you can download the videos using this application.
- Go to the Facebook application and search for the video you want to download.
- Open the video and click on the Share button. From there copy the link to the video.
- Now, open the ETM Video Downloader application on your smartphone and paste the link the video link.
- Click on Download to simply save it to your gallery.
The app also allows you to save videos by simply clicking on the share button and choosing Video Downloader for Facebook from the option. The process is also very simple and you can easily download the video without much hassle.
How to Download Facebook Videos on iPhone?
You can also download Facebook videos on your iPhone using the Any Video Saver application. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Search for the video on the Facebook app and click on it.
- Tap the Share button and then copy the video link from there.
- Now go to Any Video Saver application and past the link in the video URL box. Press Download and your video will be downloaded.
You can check for the downloaded video by tapping on Go To Downloads option in the application. Furthermore, users can also download photos as well using the application.
Also Read: Facebook Account Hacked? How to Report A Compromised FB Account and Easily Recover It
Facebook Reels Download: How to Download Facebook Reels Videos
Facebook has also rolled out Reels or Short Videos feature on its platform. Users can watch the Facebook Reels on the app as well as the desktop website. It is similar to Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts. However, unlike the Facebook app that has a dedicated section for Reels, users need to search for Reels videos on the Facebook desktop version. That said, there is plenty of third-party downloader website that allows you to download Facebook Reels with ease. One of that site is fbdown.net. The downloader website offers a simple user interface and allows users to download videos in SD and HD quality. Here’s how you can download Facebook Reels using the fbdown.net website:
- Open Facebook app on your smartphone or on desktop
- Go to the Facebook Reel you want to download. You can copy the video link of the video on your smartphone by tapping on three-dot at the bottom and tapping on Copy link option.
- Now go to the fdown.net website or any of the Facebook video downloader websites or apps and simply paste the link in the URL box. Click on Download
- The website will show you the video and will ask you to download the Facebook Reel in SD or HD quality.
- Click on Download to save the video on your smartphone or desktop.
How to Download Facebook Videos on PC and Laptops
The method mentioned above can also be used on PCs to download videos off Facebook. But there are also a variety of browser extensions that can be used to download these videos. We would still recommend going through the following method though. You can use it for both Windows and Mac computers.
Also Read: How to Delete Your Facebook Account, Page and Group in Easy Steps
- Open Facebook on a browser tab and find the video you want to download.
- Open the fdown.net website on a different tab.
- Copy the URL of the video you opened on Facebook from the browser’s address bar.
- Paste the link into the space provided on fbdown.net and click download.
- You can choose what quality of video you want here too.
- Right click the video and choose where you want it to be saved on your computer.
How to Download Facebook Videos Using an App for Desktop
While we wouldn’t recommend apps for downloading Facebook videos on the phone, there are some you can use on desktop PCs, on both Windows and Mac computers.
- Open 4Kdownload.com on your desktop browser. This will take you to the 4K Video Downloader, which can be installed on your PC.
- Open any video on Facebook through a web browser and copy the link from the address bar.
- Open the 4K Video Downloader app and paste the link inside. Most of the time the app will find the link from the computer’s clipboard automatically.
- You can choose what video quality to download in and then click download.
Also Read: Facebook Watch: How to Download Facebook Watch App on Android TV and FireTV Stick, Save Videos on Mobile – MySmartPrice
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Maximum Length of a Facebook Video?
Facebook only allows you to upload a video that is less than 240 minutes. Furthermore, the video size should be up to 10GB. The company says that the longer the video is, the larger its file size will be and this may affect the quality of the video.
Can We Download Facebook Watch App on Mobile?
For those who are no aware, Facebook Watch is the social media giant’s new video-on-demand service that provides different types of videos to its users. There is no separate application of Facebook Watch as it is built into the main Facebook application on web and mobile app. The feature is available on mobile platforms, desktop, and streaming devices. One can find the Watch tab on Facebook, which is similar to the Marketplace and Messenger tabs. However, Android TV and Fire TV Stick users can download the Facebook Watch app on their TVs and enjoy watching Facebook videos on the larger screen.
That’s it, those are the ways to download videos off Facebook. If you watch a lot of content on the world’s largest social network, these tips and tricks will come in handy for you. The methods explained above for iPhones can also be used to download video on iPad tablets. Windows and Mac computers mostly work the same way too, and the methods don’t change for Apple’s M1-based laptops. If the downloader app doesn’t work on the M1 laptops, just use a web browser instead.
Can Facebook live videos be downloaded and saved?
Yes, you can download the Facebook live videos. However, it is important to note that the video must be saved by the user. If you want to download a live video from Facebook, you can use the above-mentioned methods.