- iQOO will launch its upcoming smartphones on August 31 in China.
- The vanilla Z8 will be equipped with MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC.
- iQOO has revealed the battery details and AnTuTu scores of the upcoming device.
iQOO has confirmed the launch of the upcoming Z8 series smartphones in China. The company will launch Z8 and Z8X smartphones on August 31 in China. iQOO has scheduled another event in India to launch the iQOO Z7 Pro 5G smartphone. The upcoming iQOO Z7 Pro 5G is expected to be the last smartphone iQOO Z7 series.
The teasers shared by iQOO announcing the launch date of Z8 series smartphones in China revealed some key specifications of the upcoming device. iQOO revealed the chipset and camera specifications of the forthcoming device through teasers. A new teaser shared by iQOO reveals the upcoming device’s battery details, fast charging capability, and AnTuTu scores.
iQOO Z8 Specifications (expected)
- Display: 6.64-inch IPS LCD display, Full HD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC, Mali-G610 MC6 GPU
- RAM and Storage: Up to 12GB RAM, 512GB internal storage
- Software: OriginOS 3.0 based on Android 13
- Rear Camera: 64MP primary camera with OIS, 2MP macro lens
- Front Camera: 16MP selfie camera
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 120W fast charging support
- Others: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, 3.5mm headphone jack
iQOO confirms that the upcoming smartphone will have a large 5000mAh battery. The device will be backed by 120W ultra-fast flash charge tech. iQOO claims that the technology is super stable and durable. The teaser adds that the device can charged from 0 to 100 in 10 minutes. The company further states that the battery health is over 80% despite completing 1460 charging cycles.
Another teaser shared by Vivo confirms that the device has passed 30-plus fluency tests in Vivo’s laboratory. The upcoming device has been certified for 48 months of anti-ageing, which ensures that the phone will look fresh for the certified months. iQOO also reveals that the company and MediaTek jointly worked over 12 months to create the performance output of the MediaTek Dimensity 8200 chipset.
Over eight R&D teams jointly invested in the smartphone, which has sustained a peak performance of 1500 hours. The company claims the device has the highest score in AnTuTu with the MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC. The teaser reveals that the device scored 980832 points in the AnTuTu benchmarks.
The MediaTek Dimensity 8200 chipset has one Cortex-A78 core clocked at 3.1GHz, three Cortex-A78 cores at 3.0GHz, four Cortex-A55 cores at 2.0GHz, and an Arm Mali-G610 MC6 GPU. Previously, we had spotted the smartphone in the GeekBench listing where the device scored 1273 points in the single-core and 4011 points in multi-core tests. The teaser video shared by iQOO confirmed that the device would launch in Blue and White colour options.
iQOO will equip the smartphone with a dual rear camera setup placed in a camera layout similar to previous iQOO smartphones. The teaser confirms that the primary camera will be paired with Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS). iQOO will not ditch the 3.5mm headphone jack with the upcoming smartphone.