- Marvel’s Spider-Man (base game and GOTY edition) will leave PS Plus soon.
- Apart from Spider-Man, Sony announced 31 other games which will be removed from the Games Catalog in May 2023.
- Players have until 15 May to play all the leaving games listed below.
PlayStation Plus users who signed up for Extra and Premium tiers will lose access to a handful of games next month. In May 2023, a total of 32 games (so far confirmed) will leave PS Plus Extra and Premium. It is quite common to see PS Plus games get delisted, but this time, a big title adds up to the list among other titles. Marvel’s Spider-Man (2018), developed by Insomniac Games is the most high-profile exit which will be deleted from PlayStation Plus Extra on 16 May at 10 a.m. PT.
Marvel’s Spider-Man is a first-party game created by Insomniac Studios, which Sony also owns, and serves as a prequel to Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, which is still scheduled to release later this year. 31 other games will join Marvel’s Spider-Man in leaving PlayStation Plus, although the absence of Marvel’s Spider-Man is the most noticeable.
Here is the list of full games that will leave the PS Plus service next month.
Also Read: First PlayStation-Only Sony Store in India Opens in New Delhi
List of Full Games Leaving PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium Soon
PS Plus is the PlayStation’s official membership programme. Members can choose from three different tiers and play free games as well as multiplayer games online with friends. While PS Plus Essential customers only have access to online material and a few games each month, Extra and Premium subscribers have access to hundreds of titles in the catalogue. However, it appears that users that use the service may be unhappy very soon.
- The Wonderful 101: Remastered (leaving April 18)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man
- Resident Evil
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2
- FlatOut4 – Total Insanity
- Deadlight: Director’s Cut
- Homefront: The Revolution
- Mighty No. 9
- Red Faction Guerrilla Remastered
- Shenmue 3
- This War of Mine: The Little Ones
- Metro: Last Light Redux
- Metro 2023 Redux
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!
- Left Alive Day One Edition
- STAR OCEAN First Departure R
- Balan Wonderworld
- How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition
- Pixel Piracy
- Last Day of June
- Virginia – The Game
- Dreamfall Chapters
- TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 2
- MX vs ATV All Out
- Tour De France 2021
- Graveyard Keeper
- Chronos: Before the Ashes
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Definitive Edition
Sony plans to drop 32 titles from the PS Plus Extra and Premium levels beginning May 16. There are a few first-party assets among these titles, as well as several exclusive games and a few multi-platform ones. Marvel’s Spider-Man is the top title on the list, a first-party hit that is regarded as one of the best PS5 adventure games and will be severely missed by fans of superhero games. Subscribers will lose access to the game’s standard version as well as the Game of the Year Edition.
Here is how you can keep a track of the games that are going to leave the service:
- On PS5 – PlayStation Plus > Collections page > Last Chance to Play
- On PS4 – PlayStation Plus > Games > Games Catalog page
RPG lovers will miss out on one of the best RPGs in recent memory, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, a realistic action RPG set in the early 15th-century Kingdom of Bohemia. Other noteworthy titles include Metro: Last Light Redux and Metro 2033 Redux. Gamers will also lose access to Shenmue 3, KONA, the Resident Evil remake, Left Alive, Dreamfall Chapters, and more titles. Overall, PlayStation gamers have suffered a significant setback.
Subscribers can get Meet Your Maker, Tails of Iron, and Sackboy: A Big Adventure for free in April. Furthermore, while games are deleted from PS Plus Extra and Premium on a regular basis, new games are added to both tiers as well, so there should be plenty of titles to explore.
Also Read: Sony PlayStation Reportedly Working on New Handheld Console, Could Work with PlayStation 5 Remote Play